A District maintains a ‘rolling’ Capital Plan which projects future construction and renovation requirements across the District. The Capital Plan is a resource to assist the Finance and Operations Departments in planning, financing, and executing long-term capital projects.
The current capital plan, which was initiated during the 2013 fiscal year, includes seven new construction projects and three substantial renovations to existing school facilities. Each new facility is programmed and designed for optimal operating efficiency with a focus on collaborative learning spaces. The facilities are outfitted with state-of-the-art technology, security, and energy efficiency features. These are true models of 21st Century learning environments.
- Huntsville High School Freshman Academy: August 2014
- Whitesburg P-8 School: August 2015
- Academy for Arts and Academics (Renovation): August 2015
- Academy for Arts and Academics (Theatre): April 2016
- Sonnie Hereford III Elementary: August 2016
- Martin Luther King JR Elementary (Renovation): August 2016
- Jemison High School: August 2016
- McNair Junior High School: August 2016
- Grissom High School: August 2017
- Morris P-8 School: August 2017