Constituent Services Form
The Board of Education (BOE), as elected officials, acknowledge the need to be of assistance to the constituents of Huntsville City Schools. The BOE desires to be thoughtful and effective in considering constituent questions and suggestions, and resolving issues brought to light. To do so, the BOE has put in place this effective means to receive, document, and consider questions and suggestions through constituent services.
Only forms that are filled-out completely will receive responses. Only the question/suggestion of a Citizen of Huntsville, Alabama (or annexed area), parent or guardian of a child enrolled in Huntsville City Schools, or Huntsville City Schools employee will be considered. We will be in contact within three business days. (Frequently asked questions may be posted on the HCS webpage and/or shared at a subsequent meeting of the BOE.)
If you also wish to speak at a board meeting, please ensure that you read the entirety of the Citizen Comments section below before submitting this form. Following the guidelines on this page will ensure that your request is processed in a timely manner.
As part of the Board of Education (BOE) Constituent Services, the BOE will provide an opportunity to listen to constituent concerns and suggestions regarding public education (Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12). Citizens will be heard at 5:30PM on the day of the first regularly scheduled Work Session of each month. The board will thoughtfully consider all express concerns, issues, or requests and may respond at a later date.
- Speaker must be a citizen of Huntsville, Alabama, a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in Huntsville City Schools or a Huntsville City Schools employee.
- Speaker must have submitted written notice seventy-two (72) hours prior to the work session.
- Speaker must state his/her name, address, organization he/she represents, and subject matter prior to addressing the BOE.
- Speaker has up to three minutes to present.
- Speakers may not delegate his/her time to another person.
- Speakers will not be limited unless they become repetitive or offer no new information.
- Speakers must be respectful. Use of any disparaging remarks, comments or statements pertaining to the good name and character of any individual will result in the forfeiture of the remainder of his/her time.
- The Board reserves the right to establish such other lawful and reasonable rules and procedures as it may deem necessary and appropriate to further the efficient execution of BOE business.
- The specifications will be read aloud by a board member prior to the start of Citizen Comments.
- The BOE will hear up to nine (9) constituents on each occassion. This is to assure a consistent Work Session start time of 6:00PM.
- If a constituent requests to speak and nine (9) constituents have already signed up to speak, the constituent will be added to the list of speakers for the next available opening on a subsequent Work Session day.
How to sign up to speak during Citizen Comments:
- Citizens who desire to address the board will provide the Superintendent with written notice of their request to speak no later than seventy-two (72) hours prior to the work session day on which one would like to speak.
- The reason for requesting to appear should be included in full detail in the written request, and should also contain the requester’s full name and residential street address.
- The goal in providing advance notice and full details is to allow the Superintendent and BOE opportunity to be proactive in addressing an issue.
- Written notice shall be submitted online through the Constituent Services Form below, or mailed/delivered to ATTN: Superintendent; 200 White Street, Huntsville, AL 35801.
NOTE: Citizen comments are not heard in connection with other board meetings, including special-called board meetings.