School Safety Task Force
The Huntsville City Schools Safety Task Force is a diverse group of parents, community members, and employees that is responsible for generating ideas and concepts for enhancing school safety and parent accountability. The task force looks at community input, school security measures, and government initiatives while also conducting periodic assessments to provide recommendations to the superintendent for improving safety in our schools. A series of five safety forums were held in October to allow the public to participate in creating actionable goals and objectives. Input was also collected through the HCS website.
The following parameters apply to the School Safety Task Force:
- Membership is a 2 year commitment
- Missing 3 meetings will result in dismissal from the task force
- Task force will select the following officers:
- Vice President
- HCS will provide two senior mentors
- Task force will leverage subject matter experts as required, who will be invited to specific meetings
Application Window: The application window is currently closed.
Selection Notifications: December 14, 2018