HCS Majority to Minority Transfers
How to Apply for an M2M Transfer
The M2M transfer application must be submitted online. Click here to apply.
* Note: You will need your child's Student State ID (SSID) in order to apply for an M2M transfer. Each child is assigned a Student State ID upon enrollment in school. This is not your child's social security number. You may obtain your child's Student State ID at your child's school.
Due to FERPA laws, the Student State ID may not be given over the telephone; it must be obtained in person with valid identification.
When to Apply for an M2M Transfer
The 2018-2019 M2M transfer application window will be open from November 15 through January 15.
Late M2M transfer applications will be accepted January 16 through July 15.
Frequently Asked Questions About the M2M Application Process
A helpful guide to frequently asked questions about the M2M Program and application process can be found by downloading, viewing, or printing the M2M FAQ information sheet below.
Huntsville City Schools has categorized all schools into four different categories depending on how much space is available to accept M2M transfers.
The four space availability categories are the following:
- High Availability Schools - Schools projected to have 30 seats or more for transfers.
- Medium Availability Schools - Schools projected to have between 15 and 29 seats for transfers.
- Low Availability Schools - Schools projected to have fewer than 15 seats for transfers.
- Limited/No Availability Schools - These are schools projected to have no space available or very limited space available. Selecting a school that is categorized as Limited/No Availablity will likely result in placement on the wait list, and there is only a small chance that these schools will accept transfers during the wait list period.
A summary of each school's availability to receive M2M transfers can be downloaded, viewed, or printed via the availability sheet below.
Additional Parent / Guardian Assistance
For additional help, please contact the Assessment and Accountability Department at 256-428-6892 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Additional assistance instructions can be found by downloading, viewing, or printing the Assistance Guide sheet below.