Non-Traditional Athlete Enrollment
- Register student online using the InfoSnap Registration System. For more information, visit the HCS Enrollment & Registration page.
- Contact Assessment and Accountability at 256-428-6966 after registration is complete, and then set up an appointment at the school to bring all documentation required.
- Please note - students must complete all registration and documentation within the first 20 days of the school year to be eligible to compete as a non-traditional athlete for their school unless they have just transferred from outside the school district.
Required documents for enrollment appointment:
- Birth Certificate – age verification documentation
- Social Security card/number
- Proof of Residence (2): Must be a signed lease, copy of deed or current mortgage statement and a utility, cable or landline telephone bill not past 30 days old
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Immunization Record (blue card)
- Transcript - not an eligibility requirement
- Results of nationally recognized standardized test OR portfolio of the previous year’s school work demonstrating the student’s proficiency appropriate for his or her grade level at the discretion of the school principal or guidance counselor - not an eligilibility requirement
The student will register for courses. Entering 7th-8th graders will register for PE only. Entering 9th-12th will register for PE and an elective. All virtual courses must be completed with a minimum grade of “70” by the last day of the school year.
Eligibility assessments in the four core subjects will be administered to the student-athletes 7th through 12th grades.
Non-Traditional Students that participate in interscholastic athletics with AHSAA member public schools must strictly follow AHSAA Bylaws.
A list of sanctioned interscholastic athletics can be found at: http://www.ahsaa.com/Sports. All questions related to eligibility and participation of home school students in sanctioned interscholastic athletics should be directed to Scott Stapler, Coordinator of Athletics and Extracurricular, at 256-428-6867 or the Alabama High School Athletic Association at (334) 263-6994.