Huntsville City Schools & T-Mobile are excited to invite families to The Big Pink Bus event!
Monday, November 27th, 4:00-6:00PM at McNair Jr/Jemison High School campus and Tuesday, November 28th, 3:30-5:30PM at Morris P8, HCS staff will assist parents/guardians from across the district who are interested in participating in the EmpowerED program. The goal of the T-Mobile EmpowerED program is to close the achievement gap by providing a way for economically disadvantaged families to have internet access at home to help with their child’s school work.
Students qualify if:
- enrolled in Huntsville City Schools,
- grades 3-12, and
- are eligible for Free/Reduced lunch.
Students and Parents/Guardians agree to the following:
- The hot spot will be free to use for 2 years.
- The hot spot will be used for academic purposes.
- The student must never bring the hot spot to school.
- The hot spot will be returned to your child's school librarian if leaving the district.
- Lost or stolen hot spots will be reported immediately to the school library media specialist, or if after school hours, to the Huntsville City Schools Help Desk at (256) 428-6900 to leave a message including the student's name and school.
For our students’ safety, parents/guardians and students should understand that T-Mobile provides internet filtering appropriate for all students.
Each hotspot performs at peak 2GB of high-speed data per month, followed by data at reduced speeds up to 128kbps through the remaining monthly data cycle.
More information on the T-Mobile EmpowerED Program can be found by visiting the T-Mobile EmpowerED Site.