Children must be four years of age on or before September 1st, 2018. Copies of the following documents are required age verification document (such as, birth certificates, passports, official medical documents, official documents from other countries, divorce decree or adoption papers), immunization card, and two proofs of residence. Please view the Pre-K FAQ for more details.
NOTICE: April 12, 2018
Thank you for your interest in Huntsville City Schools Pre-K. The application closed on April 9, 2018. The application will reopen in July. Check back on this website for additional information.
The 2018 - 2019 HCS Pre-K application requires two steps this year:
- Completion of the Huntsville City Schools Pre-Kindergarten Application
- Open April 2, 2018 at 8am through April 9, 2018 at 8am
- The application for AAA and ASFL has already taken place. This application is for non-magnet schools only.
- Completion of the Alabama First Class Pre-K Online Application
* The following schools will not be listed on the Alabama First Class Pre-K Online Application: Challenger, Farley, Hampton Cove, Monte Sano, Mountain Gap, Weatherly, Williams. If you find that your zoned school is not listed, please complete the application by selecting the school closest to your zoned school. If you have additional questions, please contact the School Readiness Office at (256) 428-6886.
Both applications are required to be completed in order for your child/children to be considered as applicants for the 2018-19 school year.