2020 Summer School Information
Huntsville High School
July 6 - July 30, 2020
8:00AM - 2:30PM
Registration for Summer School 2020 will open on June 8, 2020 and will run through June 19, 2020.
- Students who need to take Health, Driver's Ed, Career Preparedness, or a Credit Recovery Course will register using the Summer Credit Enhancement & Recovery Sign-Up Form.
- Due to COVID-19, there will be a limited number of credit recovery courses available.
- Enrollment in driver's ed courses may be limited to a first-come first-serve basis.
- Both sign-up forms will open Monday, June 8, 2020 between 8AM-9AM
- Tuition and fees must be paid no later than Friday, June 26, 2020
- HCS students can pay using the MySchoolFees link on the left side of their high school website
- Non-HCS students, and HCS students unable to pay with MySchoolFees, can pay at Merts, 200 White St., Huntsville, AL 35801 on Thursdays & Fridays between 9AM-12PM noon via Antoinette Parker, Secondary Programs.
- A $50 registration fee is required of all students at the time of registration to reserve a seat. Tuition and fees for both credit recovery and credit enhancement must be paid in full no later than Friday, June 26, 2020.
- All Summer School courses will have a tuition fee of $150 in addition to the above mentioned registration fee ($200 total) for all HCS and Non-HCS students. Priority will be given to current HCS students.
- No refunds will be issued once classes have begun.
Parent(s) or legal Guardian(s) must provide transportation for students enrolled in Driver's Ed. All other courses will be done virtually from home.
Regular school policy regarding student absences does NOT apply to Summer School.
Credit will not be awarded to students with absences exceeding the maximum number allowed, regardless of the reason for the absences or tardies.
- Maximum Absences - 2 days
- 3 Tardies = 1 absence
The Huntsville City Board of Education requires that all students conduct themselves in a manner that facilitates the educational process. Disciplinary action will be administered according tothe district's Behavioral Learning Guide.
Report Card Dates
Middle and High School report cards will be issued no later than July 31, 2020.