2021 Summer School Information
Huntsville High School
June 7 - July 2, 2021
8:00AM - 3:30PM
Huntsville City Schools is pleased to announce a unique opportunity for students to earn credits during the month of June. Many times, students have a difficult time scheduling Driver's Ed and/or Health during the school year. While driver's ed is not required, health is a requirement for graduation. These courses will be available June 7th through July 2nd. Driver's Ed will be offered in two sessions (June 7-18 and June 21 - July 2). All courses, with the exception of Driver's Ed, will be conducted online in a virtual classroom environment. Once the student has completed the course, they are done. Summer School report cards will be mailed to the high school receiving credit for completion no later than Friday, July 9, 2021.
Registration for Summer School 2021 will open on April 12, 2021 and will run through May 7, 2021. Late registration will be open May 24 - June 1, 2021. Priority will be given to current HCS students.
- Students who need to take Health, Driver's Ed, Career Preparedness, or a Credit Recovery Course will register using the Summer Credit Enhancement & Recovery Sign-Up Form
- Due to COVID-19, there will be a limited number of Driver's Education seats available
- Enrollment in Driver's Ed courses will be limited to a first-come first-serve basis
- The sign-up form will open Monday, April 12, 2021 between 8AM-9AM
- Tuition and fees must be paid no later than Friday, June 4, 2021
- HCS students can pay the bookkeeper at their High School or use the My School Fees link on the left side of their high school website
- Non-HCS students can pay at Merts, 200 White St. SE, Huntsville, AL 35801 on Fridays between 9AM-11AM via Antoinette Parker, Secondary Programs at 256-428-6873 or 256-213-1989
- A $50 registration fee is required of all students at the time of registration to reserve a seat. Tuition and registration fee for both credit enhancement and credit recovery course(s) must be paid in full no later than Friday, June 4, 2021
- All Summer School courses will have a tuition fee of $200 in addition to the above mentioned registration fee ($250 total) for all HCS and Non-HCS students
- Priority will be given to current HCS students
- No refunds will be issued once classes have begun
Parent(s) or legal Guardian(s) must provide transportation for students enrolled in Driver's Ed. All other courses will be done virtually from home.
Regular school policy regarding student absences does NOT apply to Summer School.
Credit will not be awarded to students with absences exceeding the maximum number allowed, regardless of the reason for the absences or tardies.
- Maximum Absences - 2 days
- 3 Tardies = 1 absence
The Huntsville City Board of Education requires that all students conduct themselves in a manner that facilitates the educational process. Disciplinary action will be administered according to the district's Behavioral Learning Guide.
Report Card Dates
Middle and High School report cards will be issued no later than July 9, 2021.
For summer school questions, please contact Antoinette Parker at email@example.com or 256-428-6873 or 256-213-1989