BOE Approves Calendar Updates
The Huntsville City Board of Education approved four revisions to the 2022-2023 academic calendar for the upcoming school year. The updates focus on the final days before extended breaks in the school calendar.
- September 30, 2022: E-Learning Day for students (Fall Break is October 3-7)
- December 16, 2022: Half-day day for students (Last day of semester)
- March 10, 2023: E-Learning Day for students (Spring Break Is March 13-17)
- May 24, 2023: Half-day for students (Last day of semester)
Teachers and employees will report to campuses during the e-learning days. Dr. Clarence Sutton, Deputy Superintendent of Learning Supports, said the e-learning days will give schools the opportunity to host meetings with families while also providing teaching and learning. He added HCS will continue with half-days at the end of each semester.
Other notable dates for the upcoming school year include the following:
- Aug. 2, 2022: First Day of School
- Oct. 3-7, 2022: Fall Break for Students and Teachers
- Dec. 16, 2022: Last Day of Semester (Half-day)
- Jan. 4, 2023: Students return from Winter Break
- March 13-17, 2023: Spring Break for Students and Teachers
- May 24, 2023: Last Day of Semester (Half-day)
- May 25-26, 2023: HCS Graduations