HCS Class of 2021 Leaving Their Mark
In addition to earning more than $60 million in various scholarship funds, Huntsville City Schools’ graduating seniors have earned a long list of accomplishments throughout their time in the district. Despite nationwide challenges resulting from COVID-19, the Class of 2021 has persevered and achieved excellence while representing the City of Huntsville and the State of Alabama in all that they do.
Below are just some of the many accomplishments, accolades, and achievements that show how our senior scholars have led the nation in the charge to become powerful changemakers. All of us at Huntsville City Schools wish them continued success whether they transition to college, military, or the workplace.
Scholarships & School Acceptance
- Applications submitted to over 350 different colleges including in-state, out-of-state, and even internationally at a variety of colleges and technical schools.
- Awarded over 2,000 scholarships totaling over $60 million
- Athletic scholarships earned in many different sports
- Fine arts scholarships for visual art, band, choir, and theatre
- Commitments to serve in all branches of the armed services
- Service academy appointments at multiple academies
- Early medical school acceptance
Awards & Credentials Earned
- Eagle Scout Awards
- Questbridge Scholars
- National Merit Semi-finalists, Finalists, and Commended Students
- Presidential Scholar Candidates
- State championship athletes in many sports
- Earned Career Tech credentials in Certified Guest Services, Serv Safe, Microsoft Office Specialist, Test-Out Network Pro, Test-Out Security Pro, Quickbooks, Patient Care Technician, NCCER Core, JROTC certificate Army/Air Force
- Stellar performances in the arts – theatre, dance, choir, and band productions virtually and in person throughout the year
- Served in leadership roles in the school and community
- Dedicated thousands of hours to community service
- Many have applied to join the local workforce at companies such as Mazda-Toyota, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Polaris, Buffalo Rock
- Completed Education & Training CTE courses and committed to be future teachers