HCS Class of 2022 Leaving Their Mark
In addition to earning more than $40 million in various scholarship funds, Huntsville City Schools’ graduating seniors have earned a long list of accomplishments throughout their time in the district. The Class of 2022 has persevered and achieved excellence while representing the City of Huntsville and the State of Alabama in all that they do.
Below are just some of the many accomplishments, accolades, and achievements that show how our senior scholars have led the nation in the charge to become powerful changemakers. All of us at Huntsville City Schools wish them continued success whether they transition to college, military, or the workplace.
Scholarships & School Acceptance
- Applications submitted to over 450 different colleges including in-state, out-of-state, and even internationally at a variety of colleges and technical schools.
- Almost two thousand scholarships totaling over $40 million to date
- Athletic scholarships earned in many different sports
- Fine arts scholarships for visual art, band, choir, and theatre
- Commitments to serve in the armed services
- Service academy appointments
- Early medical school acceptance
Awards & Credentials Earned
- Eagle Scout Awards
- Questbridge Scholars
- National Merit Semi-finalists, Finalists, and Commended Students
- Presidential Scholar Candidates
- State championship athletes in many sports
- Earned Career Tech credentials in Certified Guest Services, Serv Safe, Microsoft Office Specialist, Test-Out Network Pro, Test-Out Security Pro, Test-Out Linux Pro, CompTIA Security Plus, Quickbooks, Patient Care Technician, NCCER Core, JROTC certificate Army/Air Force, Praxis Core Academic Skills, Solid Edge, NIMS Level 1: Measurement Materials & Safety, NIMS Level: CNC Milling: Programming Set up & Operations, National Retail Federation Customer Service and Sales
- Stellar performances in the arts – theatre, dance, choir, and band productions virtually and in person throughout the year
- Served in leadership roles in the school and community
- Dedicated thousands of hours to community service
- Spent countless hours working after-school jobs
- Many are joining the workforce with Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Toyota-Mazda Manufacturing, The Orthopedic Center, Polaris, Buffalo Rock
- Ten seniors completed Aerospace Electrical Certification IPC 620 and will be interviewing with Boeing.