High School Staggered Start
Staggered start is a sequenced initiation of the school day, allowing high schools to start one half hour later than all other schools in the district. The concept has been developed as a coordinated effort between HCS staff, school leadership teams, and faculty representatives.
- Elementary (P-5): 8:00am-2:30pm (No change)
- Elementary (P-6): 8:00am-3:00pm (No change)
- P-8/Jr. High/Middle School: 8:00am-3:00pm (No change)
- High School: 8:30am-3:40pm
- High school student drivers miss morning rush hour
- Improves bus service overall, without adding cost
- Increases bus stops and the number of bus routes
- May reduce the number of students per bus
- May lower tardy and truancy rates
- May improve student performance
- Parents dropping off students at multiple schools may have more time
- Middle school students participating in high school activities will have more time to get to the high school
Many high school extra-curricular activities will take place during school hours. With the introduction of the block schedule, as well as the 8:30am start, athletics should see only minimal impact. Situations will be addressed through communication between the HCS Director of Athletics and the school, as they are now.
All schools will continue to open at 7:30am, and adult supervision will be provided. (No change)
- Elementary (P-5): 7:45am (No change)
- Elementary (P-6): 7:45am (No change)
- P-8/Jr. High/Middle: 7:45am (No change)
- High Schools: 8:15am
Breakfast service will accomodate student arrival times between 7:30am and the start of school.
Not at this time.
Yes. Bus schedules will be posted to the district website by July 24, 2017.
If a parent or guardian needs to update their child's status as a "bus rider" or "car rider" after already being registered on InfoSnap, they may do so by contacting their school's office directly.