Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Bus Riders-Important Information
- Buses will arrive and depart from AAA using the front circle.
- Students riding the bus must follow “The AAA Way” bus expectations posted on each bus. For the safety of ALL students, consequences will be implemented if students do not follow bus rules, procedures, and/or expectations.
- Buses try to adhere to bus route times as close as possible but delays do occur due to traffic and other unforeseen issues. In order to get the quickest answer to questions related to bus routes or delays, it is always best to contact Durham. The phone number is 256-489-1025. They are able to contact drivers directly to get accurate information.
- In the event of an emergency, Durham contacts the HCS Transportation Department who will work with the school to quickly communicate information to parents.
- Questions/comments regarding behavior or other concerns should be directed to the school. The school will work closely with the HCS Transportation Department to resolve issues as swiftly as possible.
Walk Up-Important Information
- All parents using the walk up option (morning and afternoon) are expected to park their vehicle and escort students through the parking lot.
- For the safety of the students, they cannot be dropped off in the parking lot in the mornings.
- The front circle is reserved for buses.
- Students will remain in the school at dismissal until an adult arrives to pick them up at the gym door entrance. It is highly recommended that families use the name cards provided to speed the dismissal process.
- Students will not be allowed to exit the building based on a text from a parent.
- At 3:15 all walk up students that have not been picked up will be moved to the carline.
Car Rider Important Information
- The car line will run a double line in the morning and afternoon.
- All cars will enter from Trail Ridge and exit onto Sparkman with the option to turn right or left.
- Please use the name card provided in order to speed the dismissal process.
- All students not picked up by 3:25, will be moved to the front lobby. Parents will need to come to the lobby to sign their child out from late pick up. Please be prompt in arriving to pick up your child.