ASFL Magnet Program
Educate students to understand our diverse world through the study of world languages and science as Huntsville's Premiere PreK-8 International Baccalaureate School.
Unique Program Components
- Daily instruction in multiple world languages
- Specialized science electives, extracurricular activities, field experiences and lab opportunities
- Through the IB Programme, students experience and integrated curriculum focused on international mindedness
- The application window to apply for the 2019-20 school year is currently closed.
- IMPORTANT: Due to unforeseen circumstances the Magnet Selection Process has been delayed. Notifications will be sent through US Postal Service and emailed as soon as possible. If you have additional questions, you may call the Magnet Office at 256-428-6864.
- Current ASFL students do not need to reapply annually
- Applicants for ASFL's PreK must complete the online magnet application provided above during the application window
- Rising K-4th grade students do not have any additional requirements
- Rising 6th-8th grade students will receive their next step email and will come to ASFL and complete an essay response
- Parent/guardian or student must complete online application provided above during the application window
- For more specific interview/essay information, visit our application page.