Principal's Message 04-04-22
Dear Blossomwood Families,
What an absolutely fantastic week at Blossomwood! First, we had a great time and a large crowd for last Thursday's PTA Meeting & student performance. Second, the Spring Fling last Saturday was so much fun with a HUGE crowd, too.
Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is now open! We are excited to announce a “registration contest” for all returning Blossomwood Elementary students who will be in grades K-6 for the 2022-2023 school year. The homeroom from each grade level that has the highest number of students who have fully registered (including having their proof of residency uploaded) by Friday, April 29th by 3:00 pm will have a popsicle party! The teacher of the winning homeroom will get a lunch provided by the PTA. We encourage everyone to register for the upcoming school year as soon as possible!
Please visit the Strategy & Innovation page of the HCS website to find the new and returning registration links.
1. If you live in the same residence, as the previous year, you will only need to provide the most recent Utility Bill for that particular residence. Please make sure that the uploaded picture clearly shows your name, address, a date within the last 30 days.
2. If you have moved, you will need to provide 2 Proofs of Residency. Please upload the Utility Bill as stated above AND a copy of your new lease, deed, mortgage, or rental agreement showing your name, address, date, and signature.
3. If your child is a current Blossomwood PreK student, he/she is considered a “Returning Student” when registering for next year
- Note: Uploading the Proof of Residency is very important! This will ensure that your student's enrollment & Registration is complete.
- Also note: While completing your student's registration, please make note of the portion including contacts. Make sure that the contacts that you desire to add, match what is asked of you. Additional Custodial Contacts would include Mother, Father, or Legal Guardian. Additional Contacts would be the area to add a simple authorization for pick up, emergency contact, etc.
ACAP Testing Coming Up in April
Our annual standardized testing (ACAP) for grades 2-6 will begin in just a few more days. Please review the dates below, and do your best to ensure that your child is present on the days they are scheduled to test. Please do not schedule a doctor or dentist appointment on those days. Thanks for your help!
Tuesday, April 12 - Grades 2 & 3 ELA
Wednesday, April 13 - Grades 2 & 3 ELA
Thursday & Friday, April 14 & 15 - Makeups for Grades 2 & 3 ELA
Tuesday, April 19 - Grades 2 & 3 Math; Grades 4, 5, & 6 ELA
Wednesday, April 20 - Grades 2 & 3 Math; Grades 4, 5, & 6 ELA
Thursday, April 21 - Grades 4, 5, & 6 Math
Friday, April 22 - Grades 4, 5, & 6 Math
Tuesday, April 26 - Grades 4 & 6 Science; Grade 5 ELA
Wednesday, April 27 - Grades 4 & 6 Science
Thursday, April 28 - Grades 4 & 6 ELA
April 29 - Make-up
Blossomwood Students are setting new records with their reading!
As you are probably aware, our students have been striving to increase their volume of reading. More specifically, we have had a "March Madness Reading Challenge" during the month of March. The following are the winning classes for the grade levels, and they will receive their ice cream parties soon!
March Madness Reading Challenge Winners:
Kindergarten - Mrs. McBride's Class with 55,901 words
First Grade - Mrs. Edmondson's Class with 231,888 words
Second Grade - Mrs. Chapman's Class with 903,886 words
Third Grade - Mrs. Taylor's Class with 947,001 words
Fourth Grade - Mrs. Forsythe's Class with 782,227 words
Fifth Grade - Mrs. DelaMerced's Class with 2,612,565 words
Sixth Grade - Mrs. Jones's Class with 887,984 words
In addition, enjoy the pictures from the recent Accelerated Reader (AR) party where the students that met their third nine-weeks reading goal enjoyed snacks and games!
Enjoy Some Pictures from Spring Fling!
Thanks again to Mrs. Kimberly Wilkinson and our endless list of volunteers that helped make Spring Fling such a huge success!
What a Great PTA Meeting & Performance!
Thanks to our PTA, our music teacher (Mrs. Stewart), and our third, fourth, and fifth-grade students for a fun evening last Thursday!
Bradley A. Scott, Ed.D.