Principal's Weekly Message 9-9-19
Dear Blossomwood Families,
As we move through the month of September, I continue to be impressed with the amount of support that our community and families provide our students, and we have a number of upcoming activities in September and October.
- Our annual PTA Open House was great! Thanks to our PTA for providing such a fun, “come and go” event so families could attend the open house and meeting while also being able to attend the other activities that their families had the same evening.
- Progress reports were sent home last week. Once you’ve checked over your child’s progress report, please feel free to email a teacher to schedule a conference if needed. We encourage all parents to check iNOW regularly to help the student learn to manage and “own” their learning.
- WatchDOGS – Thanks to our PTA and Mrs. DeHaye for helping us to get our WatchDOGS program off and running again this school year! This excellent program has been a wonderful opportunity for many of our Dads to be involved at school, and the students certainly love seeing their Dad at school. Please reach out to Mrs. DeHaye if you are interested in WatchDOGS (email@example.com).
- Important Upcoming Dates:
- September 12 – Grandparents’ Breakfast (PTA Sponsored)
- September 18 – Fall Picture Day
- September 21 – BES Outdoor Work Day
- October 4 – End of Report Card Period
- October 7-11 – Fall Break (School Closed)
Lastly, as our school continues to grow, I would like each of us to be prepared to share at least three things we enjoy about Blossomwood Elementary as well as the Blossomwood community. As families decide where to live and send their children to school, we want to make sure that we are ready to share some of the wonderful things that we are doing together. If we don’t brag on our children, who will?
Once again, thank you for your daily efforts at home to support BES!
Bradley A. Scott, Ed.D