Chaffee Elementary News 10/24/2022
Greetings CES Families,
We enjoyed welcoming parents and grandparents at school last week. Thanks to your support our Book Fair was a success. The money raised will help support our library. This week is Red Ribbon Week. We hope your child will take part in our planned activities so that together we can raise awareness about healthy choices. Please remember that students need tennis shoes/sneakers for PE daily. Wearing proper shoes prevents injuries.
Did you know that you can help our school earn money just by choosing our school as your school to support at Publix and on Amazon Smile? You’re already shopping at these places, why not have some of the money you spend come back to our school? We appreciate your support! Publix and Amazon Registration
- Oct. 24-28: Red Ribbon Week (see details below)
- Oct. 27: Grissom Homecoming Parade (no after school tutoring)
- Oct. 31: Book Character Parade
- Nov. 2: Holiday Photos (preorder only)
- Nov. 4: PBIS Celebration
- Nov. 4: Let's Glow Crazy Fall Festival
- Nov. 10: Veterans Day Program (see more info below)
- Nov. 11: Veterans Day (no school)
- Nov. 16: Progress Reports
- Nov. 21-25: Thanksgiving Break
- Nov. 28-Dec. 9: i-Ready Testing Window (students will only test on 3-4 of these days)
- Nov. 29: A Holiday Moosical (see details below)
Red Ribbon Week (October 24-28)
Let's join together to take a stand against drugs !
- Monday - Put a Cap on Drugs ! (Wear a hat to school)
- Tuesday- Chaffee Choices Equal Success ! (Wear Chaffee gear/colors.)
- Wednesday- Sock it to Drugs! (Wear crazy socks.)
- Thursday- Drugs Can't Find Me! (Wear camouflage or animal print.)
- Friday- To Infinity and Beyond Drugs! (Dress up as an alien, an astronoutm or a scientist.)
How to Access Aid Impact Forms
- Log into the parent portal in the PowerSchool app or through the PowerSchoolwebsite startong October 20, 2022.
- Click on "forms". Click on "Huntsville City Impact Aid
- One form will be completed for each student attending Huntsville City Schools.
- Deadline to submit is November 3, 2022
- Paper copies are available upon request
- Spanish Versions of the form are availanle upon request
If there are any questions, please contact Student Welfare and Social Services at 256-963-9806.
It is vital that students are present each day unless sick. Students are allowed a limit of 7 parent sick notes a year. Students are considered truant if they have more than three unexcused absences at any time or if they have more than 15 absences for the year, whether the absences are excused or unexcused.
Please send excuse notes to your child's teacher or email them to email@example.com
Veteran's Day Program
We want to celebrate our heroes! If your child has a special family member who has served or currently serves in the US military, please complete The Veteran's Day Program Form so that we can recognize them. Current and retired members of the US military are invited to join us for our Veterans Day Program on Thursday, November 10 at 9am. Please arrive at Chaffee to check in with your photo ID between 8:10-8:40am. We will have a special presentation followed by a parade through the school.Please respond on the form to let us know if you have any military connected guests who will attend our program.