CES Weekly, August 29 - Septmeber 2
Hello Challenger Elementary Family,
I pray you have had a great weekend!
We are excited to start another great week with your children at CES! I will be providing frequent updates about instruction, health & safety protocols, upcoming events, etc. I will also provide updates on Class DOJO so be sure to check that frequently.
Beginning of the year assessments have begun. K – 5th grade students have completed STAR (Reading Only) and DIBELS. iReady testing began last week and will continue through this week. We will be conducting further screening to determine which students may have reading deficits. Once this process is complete, we will send out additional after-school for qualifying K-5th grade students. Please return applications as soon as possible.
Feel free to contact the school if you are unable to access to your child's grades in PowerSchools. Please contact your child's teacher throughout the year should you have any questions about grades, work, etc.
Daily instruction begins at 8am. Please have your child to school prior to 8am. Tardy and attendance letters will be going out weekly starting this week. Please remember that we can only accept up to 7 parent excuses per school year. Also, vacations/trips cannot be approved as an excused absence. Late check-in and early check-out can cause disruptions to your child's learning. Please be mindful of this as you plan. Please see HCS year calendar for our scheduled breaks.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns and we will be more than happy to help!
Here’s to a great week of learning and growing at CES!
- Monday, September 5th – No School – Labor Day
- Tuesday, September 13th – CES Open House & General PTA Meeting 6pm
- September 9th – Challenger Challenge Kick-Off (PTA/School Fundraiser)
- September 20th – Spirit Night – Whataburger 6pm – 8pm
After School Tutoring Reminders - Enrolled Students Only
- Tutoring is held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- The tutoring program dismisses at 4:00pm daily.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Arrival - 7:30-8:00am
- Please have student(s) exit from the passenger side of your vehicle
- Students must be escorted when using the crosswalk
- Pre-K students must be signed in and out daily
- Pre-K student drop off begins at 7:45 – Parents must park and walk children to the side door. Please utilize the main cross walk.
Dismissal - 2:30pm
- Every student has received a car rider number.
- Place names/numbers so they are visible.
- Please be patient and understanding daily!
- Pre-K - 2:10-2:20pm - All students remaining after 2:20pm will be taken to the front office and parents must park and check students out in the front office.
- No Student Check-outs after 2:15pm.
- School starts at 8am daily. Most classes start reading instruction at 8am so it is imperative that your child is at school on-time each day.
- iReady testing has started and will be taken while in class. DIBLES & STAR testing concluded last week.
- Please have your child bring a water bottle, laptop, and charger daily.
- Please consider joining PTA or donating PTA memberships today! Click here to join or donate!