CES Weekly, September 26 - 30
Hello Challenger Elementary Family!
Thank you to everyone who is participating in the Challenger Challenge*! We have raised over $17,000!
What is Challenger Challenge?
Challenger Challenge is Challenger PTA's largest fundraiser and starts today and goes until October 21st! Help us reach our goal of $20,000! If we reach our goal this year the kids will get a FREE Family GLOW dance!
How to get started? Create your child's personal fundraising link by clicking here.
- 100% of the money raised stays here at the school!
- Students earn prizes for the money they individully raise
- Teachers receive money for their classrooms based on how much their team raises
New This Year
- Friday Prize Days - students will get to spin the prize wheel every Friday during lunch for each $50 they raise that week.
- Classroom Team Prizes - classroom teams will earn group prizes like bounce houses, extra recess, special parties... for different levels their team raises!
Help us reach our goal and start fundraising today!
We have many things happening this week!
We start off with College & Career Week (dress up days), our 2nd & 3rd Grade Parent Literacy Meeting, PBIS Kickoff, and our E-Learning Day on Friday.
E-Learning Day - September 30th - Students do not report to campus Friday
Parents and Guardians,
As a reminder regarding this year’s academic calendar, Friday, September 30, 2022, is an eLearning day for students and teachers. Students will not report to school campuses, but they will engage in remote learning and receive scheduled support from classroom teachers throughout the day.
Students in grades K-5 will be provided instruction and assignments for reading, math, science, and social studies. Student assignments will be located in Schoology for student retrieval and access. Once the assignments are completed, students will submit their assignments using the method requested by the classroom teacher. In addition, K-5th classroom teachers will provide three support times via zoom to assist students with instruction, assignments, and/or answer instructional questions the students may have.
Support Time/Live lessons will be held from 8:15-8:45am, 11:00-11:30am, and 1:00-1:30pm for all K-5th grade students. Your child may join via ZOOM to participate.
If you have any questions concerning the eLearning day, please contact your child’s teacher or the school administration for assistance. As always, thank you for your continued support.
Here’s to a great week of learning and growing at CES!
- September 26th – 2nd & 3rd Grade Parent Alabama Literacy Act Meeting 3:00 – 4:00
- September 26th – 30th – College and Career Week
- September 27th & 28th – WAAY 31 News Guest Reader visits K – 3rd
- September 29th – PBIS Kick-Off
- September 30th – E-Learning Day
- October 3rd – 7th – Fall Break – No School
- October 18th – Fall Pictures
- October 19th – 50th Day of School
- October 28th – Career Day
- October 31st – Dress like your favorite Book Character