Weekly Update, September 12
Hello Challenger Elementary Family,
We hope you all enjoyed your weekend!
We just kicked off the Challenger Challenge!!
The CES students and staff had a fun virtual pep rally/dance-off to kick-off Challenger Challenge Friday! Check out the pep rally here! Thank you to all of our surprise CES dancers for being a part of our pep rally!
Challenger Challenge is Challenger PTA's largest fundraiser and starts today and goes until October 21st! Help us reach our goal of $20,000! If we reach our goal this year the kids will get a free Family GLOW dance!
How to get started?
Create your child's personal fundraising link by clicking here.
- 100% of the money raised goes to our school!
- Students earn prizes for the $ they individually raise
- Teachers will recieve money for their classrooms based on how much their team raises
New This Year:
- Friday Prize Days - students will get to spin the prize wheel every Friday during lunch for each $50 they raise that week.
- Classroom Team Prizes - classroom teams will earn group prizes like bounce houses, extra recess, special parties... for different levels their team raises!
Help us reach our goal and start fundraising today!
Other Important News
Progress reports went home last Wednesday along with assessment data. Should you have any questions regarding your child's grades or with assessment data, please reach out to their homeroom teacher. Teachers are in the process of scheduling parent/teacher conferences. Please contact your child's teacher throughout the year should you have any questions about grades, work, etc.
Daily instruction begins at 8am. Please have your child to school prior to 8am. Tardy and attendance letters will be going out weekly starting this week. Please remember that we can only accept up to 7 parent excuses per school year. Also, vacations/trips cannot be approved as an excused absence. Late check-in and early check-out can cause disruptions to your child's learning. Please be mindful of this as you plan. Please see HCS year calendar for our scheduled breaks.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns and we will be more than happy to help!
Here’s to a great week of learning and growing at CES!
After School Tutoring Reminders - Enrolled Students Only
- Tutoring is held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- The tutoring program dismisses at 4:00pm daily.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Arrival - 7:30-8:00am
- Please have student(s) exit from the passenger side of your vehicle
- Students must be escorted when using the crosswalk
- Pre-K students must be signed in and out daily
- Pre-K student drop off begins at 7:45 –Parents must park and walk children to the side door. Please utilize the main cross walk.
Dismissal - 2:30pm
- Every student has received a car rider number.
- Place names/numbers so they are visible.
- Please be patient and understanding daily!
* Pre-K - 2:10-2:20pm- All students remaining after 2:20pm will be taken to the front office and parents must park and check students out in the front office.
- No Student Check-outs after 2:15pm.
- School starts at 8am daily. Most classes start reading instruction at 8am so it is imperative that your child is at school on-time each day.
- Please have your child bring a water bottle, laptop, and charger daily.
- Please consider joining CES PTA today! Join PTA by clicking here!