CMS Technology Fair Participants
Challenger Middle recently entered the Northeast Regional Technology Fair sponsored by the Alabama Consortium for Technology in Education. The fair was held at UAH on Friday, March 1st. Students brought projects in various technology categories such as animation, robotics, website development and Hardware modification and they entered as an individual or a group. Students were judged by local industry professionals and competed against others in Levels based on their current grade. Level II is 5th-6th and Level III is 7th-8th. For this to be our first adventure into this Fair, we brought home 15 medals!
- Samuel O’Halloran and Shelly Scalf took first place in Multi-Media Level 2
- Rheanna O’Barr and Jacob Patton took third place in Animation level 2
- Hannah Long and Ana Lara took 2nd place in Animation level 2
- Paige Heller took first place in Multi-media Level 3
- Ana Lara took first place in Productivity Software Level 2
- Michael Thomas took 2nd place in Web coding level 3
- Josh Rice took first place in Hardware Modification Individual level 3
- Yash Mehrotra took 2nd place in Hardware Modification Individual level 3
- Israel Miles and Rylan McCreery took 1st place in Hardware Modification Group Level 3
- Abraham Hays and Nathan Han took 2ns place in Hardware Modification Group level 3
Those students who placed 1st or 2nd qualify to move onto the State competition in Montgomery, April 13th.