Principal Message 9/16/19
The Eagle 9/16/19
Happy Monday To All,
I hope your week has gotten off to a great start. This week we play volleyball on Wednesday at Williams. We will be playing Williams and McNair. On Wednesday we will be playing football at Milton Frank at 4:30. Our opponent will be Chapman. Constitution Day is Wednesday 9/18. Don’t forget to ask your student what they learned about the U.S. Constitution. Our Walk to Enrichment has gotten off to a great start. This year students will spend two weeks each of math and reading This is the 2nd week of A Week. Walk to Enrichment is our daily 30 minutes of growth and proficiency preparation. We use this time to review, remediate or challenge students to master standards not previously mastered. We began WTE last year at the beginning of the second semester. Our students demonstrated tremendous gains in both growth and achievement on our Spring Scantron Test. These gains factor heavily in our State Report Card as does attendance.
Parents once again permit me to share a few safety and operational reminders.
- Please Please Please do not drop off or pick up from the parking lot. We do not have staff monitoring that area and it is extremely dangerous. Also do not ask your children to meet you at the playground. They may only cross where we have duty teachers stationed.
- Please be sure lunch charges are paid and that students have money in their account. Iffinancial constraints are an issue you can apply for free or reduced lunch online.
- Please be sure your iNow contact list is up to date. We cannot and will not release students to individuals not on the contact/check out list.
- Our school filters and firewalls do not work on student computers at home. Please monitor your student and make sure the computer is not being used for gaming, music and social media. This has created a problem for some student computers, and they must be sent to the IT department to be scrubbed due to pop ups and other issues.
- If you haven’t joined the PTSA please consider doing so. We have a very active group of officers who would love to have your help, support and input as we all strive to make Challenger a great school.
- Don’t forget fall break is quickly approaching! October 7-11
Our daily at mantra at CMS is … Be your best, Do your best, Be nice to people because it’s the right thing to do and…Focus because those who focus SOAR! As always, we thank you for your support and the trust you place in us each day to participate in the education of your child. Have a great week.
Dianne L. Hasty