Principals Weekly News Letter 9/9/19
The Eagle 9/9/19
Happy Monday To All,
We are well into the first nine weeks and getting settled into a good routine. I want to thank all of you for helping to make our opening and first weeks successful for teachers and students. Progress reports went out last week. If you haven’t seen one, you might ask your student for it. Along with the progress report we sent home information about flu vaccinations and the form for those who desire their child/children to be vaccinated for the flu.
This week we play volleyball on Wednesday at Morris. We will be playing Morris and Mt. Gap. On Wednesday we will be playing football at Milton Frank at 6:30. Our opponent will be Huntsville Jr. High. Thursday night is Challenger Middle spirit night at Dairy Queen on South Parkway. Drive thru or Dine In from 5-8 and a share of proceeds go to CMS (you must tell them you are from CMS)..
Parents permit me to share a few safety and operational reminders.
- Please Please Please do not drop off or pick up from the parking lot. We do not have staff monitoring that area and it is extremely dangerous. Also do not ask your children to meet you at the playground. They may only cross where we have duty teachers stationed.
- Please be sure lunch charges are paid and that students have money in their account. If financial constraints are an issue you can apply for free or reduced lunch online.
- Please be sure your iNow contact list is up to date. We cannot and will not release students to individuals not on the contact/check out list.
- Our school filters and firewalls do not work on student computers at home. Please monitor your student and make sure the computer is not being used for gaming, music and social media. This has created a problem for some student computers, and they must be sent to the IT department to be scrubbed due to pop ups and other issues.
- If you haven’t joined the PTSA please consider doing so. We have a very active group of officers who would love to have your help, support and input as we all strive to make Challenger a great school.
- Don’t forget fall break is quickly approaching! October 7-11
Our daily at mantra at CMS is … Be your best, Do your best, Be nice to people because it’s the right thing to do and…Focus because those who focus SOAR! As always, we thank you for your support and the trust you place in us each day to participate in the education of your child. Have a great week.
Dianne L. Hasty