Columbia High School Magnet Programme
Columbia High School's Magnet Mission Statement
Create internationally-minded students through second language development, project-based learning and community service as Huntsville's only International Baccalaureate High School.
Unique Programme Components
Middle Years Programme (MYP): a challenging, comprehensive eight subject curriculum framework for students in grades 9 and 10
- Diploma Programme (DP): a challenging, well-rounded two year pre-university curriculum for students in grades 11 and 12
- Career-Based Programme (CP): a two year programme for students in grades 11 and 12 that prepares them to be lifelong learners who are flexible in a range of employment opportunities
The magnet application is currently closed.
- Interested students from throughout the Huntsville City School system may submit application for a choice of up to two magnet programs and/or schools.
- A central application for all magnet programs can be accessed and submitted online during a designated application window time period.
- Students may apply for the next academic year in the fall of the current year.
- Selection criteria related to the magnet theme will be used to select new students. A committee will review holistically the data and information about each new applicant in grades nine through twelve. Applicants for Columbia High School IB MYP Programme grades 9 and 10 does not have selection criteria.
- Grade Average – Diploma Programme (80%); Career-Related Programme (75%)
- Written Essay Response
- Parent guardian or student must complete online application provided above during the application window
- See Magnet Applicant Rubric for criteria, expectations and scoring