Columbia High School Magnet Programme
Columbia High School's Magnet Mission Statement
Create internationally-minded students through second language development, project-based learning and community service as Huntsville's only International Baccalaureate High School.
Unique Programme Components
Middle Years Programme (MYP): a challenging, comprehensive eight subject curriculum framework for students in grades 9 and 10
- Diploma Programme (DP): a challenging, well-rounded two year pre-university curriculum for students in grades 11 and 12
- Career-Based Programme (CP): a two year programme for students in grades 11 and 12 that prepares them to be lifelong learners who are flexible in a range of employment opportunities
For current application information, please visit the Huntsville City Schools Magnet page.
- Interested students from throughout the Huntsville City School system may submit application for a choice of up to two magnet programs and/or schools.
- A central application for all magnet programs can be accessed and submitted online during a designated application window time period.
- Students may apply for the next academic year in the fall of the current year.
- Selection criteria related to the magnet theme will be used to select new students. A committee will review holistically the data and information about each new applicant in grades nine through twelve. Applicants for Columbia High School IB MYP Programme grades 9 and 10 does not have selection criteria.
- Grade Average – Diploma Programme (80%); Career-Related Programme (75%)
- Written Essay Response
- Parent guardian or student must complete online application provided above during the application window
- See Magnet Applicant Rubric for criteria, expectations and scoring
After being accepted to the magnet program, students must be enrolled through InfoSnap during the normal InfoSnap registration period. Please visit the Huntsville City Schools Enrollment Page for more information.