Columbia High School Magnet Programme
Columbia High School's Magnet Mission Statement
Create internationally-minded students through second language development, project-based learning and community service as Huntsville's only International Baccalaureate High School.
Unique Programme Components
Middle Years Programme (MYP): a challenging, comprehensive eight subject curriculum framework for students in grades 9 and 10
- Diploma Programme (DP): a challenging, well-rounded two year pre-university curriculum for students in grades 11 and 12
- Career-Based Programme (CP): a two year programme for students in grades 11 and 12 that prepares them to be lifelong learners who are flexible in a range of employment opportunities
For current application information, please visit the Huntsville City Schools Magnet page.
- Students may apply for the next academic year during the application window. To see available application dates please visit the district magnet page.
- Students will complete a writing sample during the next step process
- Students applying for the Diploma-Related Programme (DP) should have a grade point average of 80% in core subjects.
- Students applying for the Career-Related Programme (CP) Should have a grade point average of 75% in core subjects.
- Parent, guardian, or student must complete the online application provided above during the application window
- See Magnet Applicant Rubric for criteria, expectations, and scoring
After being accepted to the magnet program, students must be enrolled through InfoSnap during the normal InfoSnap registration period. Please visit the Huntsville City Schools Enrollment Page for more information.