High School Exam Exemption Policy
High School Exam Exemptions 2019-2020:
To qualify for an exam exemption, a student must have:
- Four (4) or less excused absences in the class
- No unexcused absences in the class (Note: 3 tardies = 1 unexcused absence)
- Minimum 85% academic average in the class for the semester
- Have not received an in-school or out of school suspension during the semester
- Students may exempt up to 2 exams per semester
- Students in year-long AP or IB courses may not exempt AP or IB courses in the fall. The only way to exempt the final in an AP or IB course is to take the AP or IB exam in May.
- Career Technical classes are not included in the exemption plan. Certification Exams may count as the semester exam.