A Message From the Principal
Dear Columbia High Families,
It is my honor to serve as the new principal of Columbia High School. On behalf of the staff, I would like to welcome everyone back to the 2022-23 school year! It is our mission to help our students get the best possible education and to feel connected and as part of our school. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our students can reach their highest potential. We understand that in order for our students to be safe and successful in school, they need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our students success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities.
We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily, arrives on time, and ready to learn
- Follow all Huntsville City Schools policies in regards to behavior, the dress code and no cell phones
- Completes all classwork and homework assignments given by teachers in the time frame specified
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any content area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school
If you have any questions about the rules, policies and expectations, please feel free to contact your child’s teacher. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year.
The staff and I thank you for your support and look forward to a great school year!
Dr. Thomas Jones, Principal