GHS Weekly Update 8/21-8/25
Hello Grissom Nation,
Parents, this year, HCS will be participating in the school accreditation process. To help us write our school improvement plan, we are asking for input from our teachers, our staff, our students and our parents. Please click on the link here to complete a survey about the Climate & Culture of Grissom High School.
Parents, here are a few announcements we have been sharing daily with our students. Because our intercoms do not work throughout the building, we ask our teachers to also review these procedures. Please take a moment to review these with your child.
Tiger Time Update:
- Students must eat lunch in either the 1st lunch period or the 2nd lunch period
- You are not allowed to remain in the Cafeteria, Media Center or Courtyard the entire Tiger Time Hour.
- You are expected to attend a club, activity or be in a supervised classroom.
- You are not allowed to walk the hallways.You must make a choice and remain there until you are dismissed by an adult.
- Failure to follow these expectations will result in the loss of Tiger Time for all students.
Teachers: DO NOT release your students early! Please wait until the bell rings!!
- You are expected to be in the classroom when the tardy bell rings.
- If you are tardy, you are expected to sign the GHS Tardy Log.
- Multiple tardies to class will result in Tiger Time Detention.
- If you are caught in a Tardy Check, you will receive Tiger Time Detention.
- Students without a parking pass will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Please see Mr. Shingleton immediately for a parking pass.
All of our students will be able to view live coverage of the eclipse on Monday in their classes. Students who miss school to view the eclipse will receive an excused absence. If you child misses school to view the eclipse, please send a note with your child so we can update their absence in iNow.
Thank you for your support and dedication to Grissom High School.
Grissom High School