Huntsville City Schools  |  Login  |  Staff Portal - opens in a new window  | 

Grissom Clinic Need to Know

  • If your child is attending a field trip that you would like to send medication on, you must have Huntsville City Schools paperwork filled out by the child’s doctor. One form is required for each medication.
  • Even if the medication is over the counter, the child’s doctor must still fill out the HCS paperwork.
  • For prescription medications, the prescription label on the bottle & the form the doctor fills out must match exactly.
  • The only medications your child will be able to carry on their person for field trips (if the doctor allows) are as follows: epipen & benadryl (for severe allergies), & asthma inhalers. The proper paperwork must still be filled out & brought to the nurse.
  • A parent or guardian must bring in the completed paperwork & medication no less than 2 days prior to the field trip. Medication brought in later than this will not be accepted.
  • Paperwork can be found on the HCS website under health services or picked up in the clinic.
  • Medications & paperwork will be accepted in the clinic during school hours. 

Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have by visiting the Grissom High School Clinic page.