Principal Message 1-11-21
Grissom Students & Parents,
Thank you for your patience and support this week. Please see the updates below:
- If you still need to pick up or drop off a computer, please email Gail Meyers or call the main office 256-428-8000.
- If your child is HVA and you did not pick up a packet this week, the leftover packets are in the front office for pick up.
- We are planning to send report cards home on Tuesday for orange cohort and Wednesday for brown cohort. If your child receives an “I” as a grade, then this means he/she has an “Incomplete” in the class. The teacher will allow the student to turn in work to complete the grade. Please email your child’s teacher if there is an incomplete on the report card.
- Students should be checking assignments on Schoology during their class time if they are not on campus.
- If you are experiencing difficulties with your child’s laptop while at home, please restart the computer. If this does not resolve the issue, please contact IT help desk and leave a message, 256-428-4900.
- If your child is quarantined, please email the grade level counselor and teacher for any assistance with assignments. Please email your child’s teacher for assistance or questions with a specific class. If you cannot get in touch with the teacher, please email the grade level counselor or grade level assistant principal.
- Due to our increase in enrollment this year, we have hired two new teachers for second semester. Please welcome Mr. Hawkinson and Mr. Fredrickson to our staff. Mr. Hawkinson will be teaching career prep. classes. Mr. Fredrickson will teach world and US History. Beginning this week, we will make student schedule adjustments while adding these new sections. Your child may receive a schedule change if he/she is in any of these classes.
Please use our gmail account if you receive no response from any school address. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9th Grade Counselor – Amy Langford
- 9th Grade Assistant Principal – Timothy Wyant
- 10th Grade Counselor – Chanda Futey
- 10th Grade Assistant Principal – Mac Howard
- 11th Grade Counselor – James Vasquez
- 11th Grade Assistant Principal – Tanya Belanger
- 12th Grade Counselor – Taleshay Gray
- 12th Grade Assistant Principal – Heather White
Email & Phones:
We are still experiencing many issues with our email, voicemail and phone system. While you may be able to leave a voicemail, we are not always able to retrieve it. Additionally, not all faculty & staff have access to their work emails. If you need to reach us, please continue to use the following email and someone will get back to you: email@example.com