Principal Message 1-18-21
Grissom Parents & Students,
HCS will return to 5 days a week “in person in classes” for all traditional students on Tuesday, January 19, 2021. Please be reminded that students must wear masks and use desk shields at school. We will socially distance as much as possible. Six feet of distance will not be possible in some classes. School doors will open at 8:00 a.m. and students should report directly to class. Computers, Schoology, & Zoom should be functioning as “normal” at this time. Students should be using computers and these platforms every day.
- If your child is having any computer issues, please email Gail Meyers or call the main office 256-428-8000.
- Report cards went home on Tuesday for orange cohort and Wednesday for brown cohort. If your child receives an “I” as a grade, then this means he/she has an “Incomplete” in the class. The teacher will allow the student to turn in work to complete the grade. Please email your child’s teacher if there is an incomplete on the report card.
- HVA parents should check report cards in INOW. If you do not know your INOW password to check grades/report cards, please email Laura Bell firstname.lastname@example.org Any report cards not distributed at school will be mailed.
- Students should be checking assignments on Schoology every block during their class time if they are not on campus.
- HVA students must log in to Schoology during their class time in order to be counted present for the block.
- If your child is quarantined, please email the grade level counselor and teacher for any assistance with assignments. Please email your child’s teacher for assistance or questions with a specific class. If you cannot get in touch with the teacher, please email the grade level counselor or grade level assistant principal.
- Due to our increase in enrollment this year, we have hired two new teachers for second semester. Please welcome Mr. Hawkinson and Mr. Fredrickson to our staff. Mr. Hawkinson will be teaching career prep. classes. Mr. Fredrickson will teach world and US History. Beginning this week, we will make student schedule adjustments while adding these new sections. Your child may receive a schedule change if he/she is in any of these classes.
- Monday – No School Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
Please use our gmail account if you receive no response from any school address. email@example.com
- 9th Grade Counselor – Amy Langford
- 9th Grade Assistant Principal – Timothy Wyant
- 10th Grade Counselor – Chanda Futey
- 10th Grade Assistant Principal – Mac Howard
- 11th Grade Counselor – James Vasquez
- 11th Grade Assistant Principal – Tanya Belanger
- 12th Grade Counselor – Taleshay Gray
- 12th Grade Assistant Principal – Heather White
Mrs. Jeanne Greer
Grissom High School