Principal Message 2-8-21
Grissom Parents & Students,
GRISSOM HIGH SCHOOL WILL BE REMOTE ALL THIS WEEK Feb. 8-12th.
Students should report to classes on their computer following the regular bell schedule.
Lunch will be available for pick up in the back by the cafeteria from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Bell Schedule 2020 – 2021
- Morning Bell 8:25
- 1st Block 8:30-10:04
- 2nd Block 10:10-11:40
- Lunch 11:40 – 12:30
- 3rd Block 12:30-1:54
- 4th Block 2:00 - 3:40
STATE TESTING SCHEDULE will be adjusted (more information to come):
- 10th Grade Pre-ACT: Date TBD
- 12th Grade ACT WorkKeys – Date TBD: Seniors who have not already earned their CCRI will participate in Workkeys. All seniors who earn a CCRI will be granted an exam exemption for May.
- ACCESS for ELLs Testing- February 22nd – February 25th: (All identified EL students)
- 11th Grade ACT + Writing- March 9th -: (All 11th graders (traditional & HVA) must test on this one day per ACT & State Guidelines)
Good luck to the GHS Wrestling team this Friday and Saturday! They will compete in the state wrestling tournament in Birmingham. Also, good luck to our basketball teams. Regional playoffs begin this week. Girls will play on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. at Sparkman High School. Boys will play on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. at Huntsville High School. More information to come regarding tickets.
Computers, Schoology, & Zoom should be functioning as “normal” at this time. Students should be using computers and these platforms every day.
- If your child is having any computer issues, please email Gail Meyers firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main office 256-428-8000.
- Students should be checking assignments on Schoology every block during their class time if they are not on campus.
- HVA students must log in to Schoology during their class time in order to be counted present for the block.
- If your child is quarantined, please email the grade level counselor and teacher for any assistance with assignments. Please email your child’s teacher for assistance or questions with a specific class. If you cannot get in touch with the teacher, please email the grade level counselor or grade level assistant principal.
Please use our gmail account if you receive no response from any school address. email@example.com
- 9th Grade Counselor – Amy Langford
- 9th Grade Assistant Principal – Timothy Wyant
- 10th Grade Counselor – Chanda Futey
- 10th Grade Assistant Principal – Mac Howard
- 11th Grade Counselor – James Vasquez
- 11th Grade Assistant Principal – Tanya Belanger
- 12th Grade Counselor – Taleshay Gray
- 12th Grade Assistant Principal – Heather White
Mrs. Jeanne Greer
Grissom High School