Principal Message 8-23-21
Grissom Parents & Students,
I hope your child had a great week! Please check to see if your child is able to access Schoology from the computer. Schoology is the platform where homework and video lessons will be located for every class. If your child is unable to access Schoology, please email Gail Meyers
Events for this Week:
- JV Football Game v. Cullman 6:30 p.m. @ Grissom
- Varsity Football v. Lee 7:00 p.m. 8-27-21 @ Alabama A & M
Weekly A/B Schedules :
- Monday & Thursday are always A Days
- Tuesday & Friday are always B Days
- Wednesday rotates weekly
Schedule for this Week:
- Monday A Day
- Tuesday B Day
- Wednesday B Day
- Thursday A Day
- Friday B Day
- Morning Bell 8:20
- 1st Block 8:30 – 9:55
- 2nd Block 10:00 – 11:25
- 3rd Block 11:30 – 1:15
- W.I.N. 1:20 – 2:10
- 4th Block 2:15 – 3:40
Student schedules should be settled at this time. If your child has any scheduling issues, please email the grade level counselor and the grade level assistant principal.
We have distributed approximately 1700 computers since the first day of school. Most students should have their computer. If you have questions regarding computers, please email our IT tech, Gail Meyers.
All students and adults in the building must wear a face mask. Please make sure your child is ready for school and adhering to dress code. Please remember that SHORTS MUST BE MID-THIGH LENGTH. This will be enforced beginning the first day of school. Also, Grissom High School is a “No Cell Phone Zone” from 8:30 a.m.-3:40 p.m. Phones will be allowed during lunch time only.
Counselor and Assistant Principal Assignments:
If you need to schedule a conference with a teacher, please reach out to the teacher for a date and time. If you need to schedule a conference with 2 or more teachers, please contact your student’s grade-level counselor.
It is always best to handle concerns at the lowest level possible. This will ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and efficient manner. Our faculty and coaching staff are trained professionals, dedicated to supporting their students. Please give the teachers and coaches an opportunity to resolve issues at the classroom level first.
- Step 1. If your concern involves your student’s teacher or coach, please email that teacher or coach first. You may request a conference or try to resolve the issue via email.
- Step 2. If after attempting to resolve your concern with the teacher or coach you feel your concern is not resolved, please contact the appropriate grade-level assistant principal.
- Step 3. If after attempting to resolve your concern first with the teacher and second with the appropriate grade-level assistant principal you feel your concern is not adequately addressed, please involve the principal, Mrs. Jeanne Greer. Appointments may be made through the office manager, Mrs. Laurie McGuffey, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breakfast & Lunch:
All students qualify for free breakfast and lunch during the 2021-2022 school year.
Make sure your child knows their lunch number.
Jeanne Baird Greer
Grissom High School