Principal's Message 11-1-21
Grissom Parents & Students,
Congratulations to our Varsity Volleyball team. They made the Elite 8 for Alabama 7A Volleyball. This is quite an accomplishment!
Congratulations to our football team for winning their final game of the season!
Basketball will begin their season on Thursday, November 4th in our gym. Please come out and support our team!
FREE TUTORING AND HOME WORKHELP EVERYDAY AT GRISSOM:
Did you know that we have free tutoring and homework help everyday at Grissom?
English, math, social studies, and science teachers are available every morning
(7:15-8:15) and afternoon (3:45-5:00). English help is available on BB hall, science is
on C hall, math is on B hall, and social studies is on A hall.
Events for this Week:
- Wednesday (Nov. 3): Theatre presents The Drowsy Professor 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday (Nov. 4): Theatre presents The Drowsy Professor 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday (Nov. 4): Boys Basketball @ Grissom 4:30 p.n., 6:00 p.m., 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday (Nov. 4): Girls Basketball @ Guntersville 6:00 p.m.
- Friday (Nov. 5): US Army Jazz Concert – Free tickets available in the GHS front office – Grissom Jazz Band will perform
Senior Portrait & Ad Information:
Senior Portrait Submission Deadline: November 5
Senior Ad Deadline: December 17
To purchase a yearbook or Senior Ad, visit the balfour website.
Weekly A/B Schedules:
- Monday & Thursday are always A Days
- Tuesday & Friday are always B Days
- Wednesday rotates weekly
Schedule for this Week :
- Monday A Day
- Tuesday B Day
- Wednesday A Day
- Thursday A Day
- Friday B Day
- Morning Bell 8:20
- 1st Block 8:30 – 9:55
- 2nd Block 10:00 – 11:25
- 3rd Block 11:30 – 1:15
- W.I.N. 1:20 – 2:10
- 4th Block 2:15 – 3:40
If you have Schoology issues, please email Phillip Drane: firstname.lastname@example.org . If a student does not have access to Schoology, please work with the student on work submission.
All students and adults in the building must wear a face mask. Please make sure your child is ready for school and adhering to dress code. Please remember that SHORTS MUST BE MID-THIGH LENGTH. This will be enforced beginning the first day of school. Also, Grissom High School is a “No Cell Phone Zone” from 8:30 a.m.-3:40 p.m. Phones will be allowed during lunch time only.
Counselor and Assistant Principal Assignments:
If you need to schedule a conference with a teacher, please reach out to the teacher for a date and time. If you need to schedule a conference with 2 or more teachers, please contact your student’s grade-level counselor.
It is always best to handle concerns at the lowest level possible. This will ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and efficient manner. Our faculty and coaching staff are trained professionals, dedicated to supporting their students. Please give the teachers and coaches an opportunity to resolve issues at the classroom level first.
- Step 1. If your concern involves your student’s teacher or coach, please email that teacher or coach first. You may request a conference or try to resolve the issue via email.
- Step 2. If after attempting to resolve your concern with the teacher or coach you feel your concern is not resolved, please contact the appropriate grade-level assistant principal.
- Step 3. If after attempting to resolve your concern first with the teacher and second with the appropriate grade-level assistant principal you feel your concern is not adequately addressed, please involve the principal, Mrs. Jeanne Greer. Appointments may be made through the office manager, Mrs. Laurie McGuffey, email@example.com.
Breakfast & Lunch:
All students qualify for free breakfast and lunch during the 2021-2022 school year.
Make sure your child knows their lunch number.
Jeanne Baird Greer
Grissom High School