Principal's Message 5-16-22
This week will be our last full week of school for the 21-22 school year. Exams will begin this Friday, May 20th. Dismissal will be 12:20 p.m. on Friday. We will also have a PBIS good grades and good behavior Popcorn & a Movie for 9th – 11th graders this week. Please see schedules below for upcoming activities.
- May 16th - May: 19th SENIOR EXAMS - Mon A3/A4, Tues B3/B4, Wed B1/B2, Thurs A1/A2
- May 20th - May 25th: 9th-11th Grade Exams - Fri A1/A2, Mon B1/B2, Tues A3/A4, Wed B3/B4
- May 17th - 19th: PBIS Celebration - Tues: 10th, Wed 11th, Thurs 9th **During 4th Block
Summer Learning Academy at Grissom High School:
We would like to invite students to participate in this year’s HCS High School Summer Learning Academy. The Summer Learning Academy is a free four-week high school summer program that focuses on ACT (English, reading, writing, mathematics, and science) and enrichment activities. The goal is for SLA students to maintain or improve their academic skills in the core academic areas. Students who are currently in grades 9-11 and whose parents/guardians live in the Huntsville City Schools attendance area are eligible to attend this summer program.
- Classes will be in session Monday through Thursday from 8:00am – 12:30 pm starting June 6 through June 30, 2022, at various high schools. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Registration for the program is May 9, 2022-May 27, 2022. Please complete the registration/consent and attendance commitment form. Additional information will be provided by June 2, 2022.
PBIS Honors Popcorn & a Movie Party
This year we are honoring good grades and good behavior with a 4th block movie party. Students who have and 80 overall average and good behavior for the year may attend (this is not required). Students should check for their name on Schoology on Monday afternoon. This event will take place in the auditorium. See below for schedule.
- Tuesday, May 17th – Sophomores
- Wednesday, May 18th – Juniors
- Thursday, May 19th - Freshmen
GHS Parking Registration for 22-23
*You must fill out paperwork and pay the fee to obtain a parking pass.
***Reminder: All students should be seated in their classrooms at 8:30 a.m. each day.
Schedule for this Week (May 16-May 20):
- Monday A Day
- Tuesday B Day
- Wednesday B Day
- Thursday A Day
- Friday EXAMS A1 and A2 Dismissal at 12:20pm
If you have any questions regarding courses for next year, please email the appropriate counselor below.
- Rising 9th Graders Counselor – James Vasquez
- Rising 10th Graders Counselor –Taleshay Gray
- Rising 11th Graders Counselor – Amy Langford
- Rising 12th Graders Counselor – Chanda Futey
If your child has tested positive for Covid-19, is experiencing symptoms, or is quarantined due to exposure, please email the nurse firstname.lastname@example.org and your child's assistant principal (see below). We need to ensure attendance is coded correctly, and we need an accurate Covid count for Grissom High School.
Counselor and Assistant Principal Assignments:
Jeanne Baird Greer
Grissom High School