Principal's Message 8-30-21
Grissom Parents & Students,
I hope your child had a great week! On Tuesday of this past week, your child should have received access information for PowerSchool. This information was distributed during our W.I.N. period. The access codes will allow you to veiw your child's grades. If your child did not receive the information or if you need an additional copy, please email your child's W.IN. teacher.
- GRADES 9-11
- Friday, September 10th and Monday, September 13th during Social Studies Classes.
Events for this Week:
- Monday: Freshman & JV Football Game v. Lee has been cancelled
- Tuesday: Volleyball v. James Clemons @ Grissom Fr. - 4:00 p.m., JV - 5:00 p.m., Varsity – 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: Volleyball Freshman Round Robin @ Grissom – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: Varsity Football v. Huntsville 7:00 p.m. 8-27-21 @ Milton Frank Stadium
- Saturday: Volleyball JV @ Bob Jones
Progress Reports will go home on 9-8-21
The PSAT/NMSQT will be administered at our school on October 13, 2021. Any current 10th or 11th grader may pay to take the exam. To place your exam order, you must pay the exam fee on or before Friday, September 10, 2021. The PSAT for 10th graders is a practice exam. For 11th graders, the PSAT serves as the National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Exam. The exam will only be offered on October 13th, no make-up date will be available.
PSAT/NMSQT Exam Fee and Payment Options:
The PSAT/NMSQT exam is $18. The exam fee may be paid electronically with a debit or credit card through the My School Fees online portal located on Grissom High School’s homepage. PSAT exam fees may also be paid with a check brought to Mrs. Futey in the Guidance Office. Include “PSAT Exam Fee for (student’s name)” on the check memo line.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please reach out to Chanda Futey
Weekly A/B Schedules :
- Monday & Thursday are always A Days
- Tuesday & Friday are always B Days
- Wednesday rotates weekly
Schedule for this Week:
- Monday A Day
- Tuesday B Day
- Wednesday A Day
- Thursday A Day
- Friday B Day
- Morning Bell 8:20
- 1st Block 8:30 – 9:55
- 2nd Block 10:00 – 11:25
- 3rd Block 11:30 – 1:15
- W.I.N. 1:20 – 2:10
- 4th Block 2:15 – 3:40
Student schedules should be settled at this time. If your child has any scheduling issues, please email the grade level counselor and the grade level assistant principal.
If you have questions regarding computers, please email our IT tech, Gail Meyers.
If you have Schoology issues, please email Phillip Drane: firstname.lastname@example.org . If a student does not have access to Schoology, please work with the student on work submission
All students and adults in the building must wear a face mask. Please make sure your child is ready for school and adhering to dress code. Please remember that SHORTS MUST BE MID-THIGH LENGTH. This will be enforced beginning the first day of school. Also, Grissom High School is a “No Cell Phone Zone” from 8:30 a.m.-3:40 p.m. Phones will be allowed during lunch time only.
Counselor and Assistant Principal Assignments:
If you need to schedule a conference with a teacher, please reach out to the teacher for a date and time. If you need to schedule a conference with 2 or more teachers, please contact your student’s grade-level counselor.
It is always best to handle concerns at the lowest level possible. This will ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and efficient manner. Our faculty and coaching staff are trained professionals, dedicated to supporting their students. Please give the teachers and coaches an opportunity to resolve issues at the classroom level first.
- Step 1. If your concern involves your student’s teacher or coach, please email that teacher or coach first. You may request a conference or try to resolve the issue via email.
- Step 2. If after attempting to resolve your concern with the teacher or coach you feel your concern is not resolved, please contact the appropriate grade-level assistant principal.
- Step 3. If after attempting to resolve your concern first with the teacher and second with the appropriate grade-level assistant principal you feel your concern is not adequately addressed, please involve the principal, Mrs. Jeanne Greer. Appointments may be made through the office manager, Mrs. Laurie McGuffey, email@example.com.
Breakfast & Lunch:
All students qualify for free breakfast and lunch during the 2021-2022 school year.
Make sure your child knows their lunch number.
Jeanne Baird Greer
Grissom High School