Principal's update 8/7/2017
Hello Grissom Nation,
Thank you all for your support, patience and understanding as we open our new school. We are communicating daily with HCS regarding class sizes, traffic pattern, lunch and laptop distribution. Our counselors are working diligently assisting new students who are enrolling daily, as well as, students who have an incomplete schedule and/or need a schedule change.
As we continue to monitor and assess our traffic pattern, here are a few suggestions:
- To ease the burden on Meadowbrook, parents are encouraged to use Weatherly Road and use the West Side Drop Off at the Freshman Academy. This entrance is the closest entrance to the Cafeteria where students report to from 7:30 – 8:15.
- Band students are encouraged to use the East Side Drop Off (Sam’s Club) so they can enter and drop off their band instruments.
- For student Pick Up, we also encourage parents to use the West Side Drop Off.
- If you are having to wait for your child, please pull forward so that other parents can drive around your car. This is especially crucial for the East Side Drop Off/Pick Up.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to work with HPD as we assess, monitor and adjust our traffic plans.
I would like to invite all our parents to two events this week at Grissom High School:
- Please join us this Thursday evening at 6:00 pm for our PTSA Open House in the Main Gym. PTSA will be selling pizza/drinks starting at 5:00 pm in the Cafeteria. We will also have our Club Fair in the gym starting at 5:00 pm.
- Saturday, we will be hosting the Education Celebration outside the Martha deFord Hays Auditorium starting at 9:00 am.
Again, thank you all for your patience, understanding and support. As you can imagine, it is a monumental task opening a new school. We will continue to work together with HCS to monitor, assess and correct issues.
Principal, Grissom High School