Parent Information Letter 3/1
Hello HCES family,
I am leaving the STEAM Week link live through the end of next week if you still want to participate. STEAM Week Homepage
Our Glow Day has been such a success! Thank you to our HCES PTA for providing the materials for our students! They had so much fun in PE and it was great to see our HVA friends via zoom!
I am shocked that March is almost here and we only have 12 weeks of school left in this school year! I have added all of the important dates that are coming up soon below.
Our HCES Virtual Book Fair is now live through Monday Mar. 8th! Click on the link to view the Book Fair! HCES Virtual Book Fair
And, the first week of March is Read Across America Week! We are celebrating a different book each day. Please see the dates and activites below.
Read Across America Activities
- March 1st - Salt in His Shoes - Wear Athletic wear (sports t-shirts or team jerseys)
- March 2nd - The Day the Crayon Quit - Wear your favorite color
- March 3rd - Caps for Sale - Wear a cap
- March 4th - A Fine, Fine Schoo - Wear an HCES shirt or school colors (blue and/or green)
- March 5th - Llama, Llama Red Pajama -Wear pajamas (appropriate for school attire)
Other Important Dates
- March 7th - Last Day to submit yearbook ads
- March 12th - End of the third quarter grading period
- March 19th - Report Cards go home
- Spring Break - March 29th - April 2nd
- March 31st - Last day to order a yearbook!
Please remember to keep your child(ren) home if they are showing COVID symptoms and email your child's teacher and admin as well. We appreciate our parents for being so diligent with COVID and we will continue to remind our parents of our procedures and processes. Also, please remind your children the importance of wearing their masks daily while they are at school.
Please contact your child's teacher and include admin if you have questions about any COVID exposure or positive diagnosis. We appreciate your support.