Parent Information Letter 4/19
Hello HCES families,
We will continue our ACAP testing this week with 4th and 5th-grade students. We hope you will help us by making sure your child arrives at school on time each day. We will provide breakfast before testing begins. Please remind your child to bring their laptop charged and ready to go! We understand this year has been different, but this test will help provide a growth measure for next year. We had a great week last week with our 2nd and 3rd-grade students. Our teachers have shared the specific testing schedules for each grade level. Our amazing PTA is providing treats for our students after each day of testing. We are very thankful for our wonderful school family!
Our next PTA meeting will be held via zoom on April 29th at 6:00 p.m. I will be sharing information about the Alabama Literacy Act and what this means for your child and how we are addressing our students' learning and growth. The Alabama Literacy Act was passed in 2019 and is focused on improving literacy. I have added a link below for our K-3 families to view the frequently asked questions. We hope you will join us!
I have had a few parents inquire about masks and events for the end of the year. The district has stated that we will continue the current procedures that we have in place. We will continue to wear masks and we are not hosting events to limit visitors to the building. We are planning celebrations for our students during the school day after testing is complete as well as other celebrations for the end of the year. We are also planning a Fifth Grade Bridging Celebration for each classroom on the stage. This celebration will be shared via zoom and also recorded for family members. More information will be shared soon. Our PTA is selling personalized yard signs for our 5th-grade students. I will add the information below or you can visit our school Facebook page or our Hampton Cove Elementary PTA Facebook page.
Our Virtual "K for a Day" video is now live on our school website. Please visit our school website and click on the link for "K for a Day" under the School News section. If you know of any families in your neighborhood who plan to attend HCES in the fall, please ask them to visit our school website or call the school to obtain registration information. Our PTA is hosting a Kindergarten Parent Information Night on April 20, 2021, at Cove Church. Parents must sign up to attend. The link can be found on our school Facebook page and PTA Facebook page.
This week is National Student Leadership Week and we want to celebrate our SGA officers:
- SGA President - Jack Meko
- SGA Vice President -Tessa Grace Dollman
- SGA Secretary - Bailey Grace Curtis
- SGA Parliamentarian - Sophia Hendershot
- April 9th - K for a Day - virtual presentation is live on our HCES website
- April 20-23 - ACAP Testing for 4th and 5th-grade students
- April 20th - Kindergarten Parent Information Night hosted by our PTA at 5:30 at Cove Church (please sign up)
- April 23rd - Progress reports will be sent home
- April 29th - PTA Meeting at 6:00 p.m. via zoom - Alabama Literacy Act explained
- May 3-7 - STAR Testing for K - 2nd-grade students
- May 10-14- STAR Testing for 3rd-5th Grade students
- May 3-7 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 28th - Last day of school
Thank you all for your support,