STEAM Week - Activity Link
It is time to kick off our STEAM Week! Every day a new activity will be unveiled. Check out the link below to see all the read-alouds, directions, videos, and family activities your teachers have selected.
Please let your children know that each night the next letter will go "live" to be active.
- S -Monday, Feb 22 Read aloud: Ada Twist Scientist Activity: “I am Scientist” Directed Drawing and SLS Chief of Staff Interview
- T - Tuesday, Feb 23 Read aloud: The Most Magnificent Thing Activity: Cardboard Technology
- E- Wednesday, Feb 24 Read aloud: Moonshot Activity: Lunar Lander and UAH Moon Buggy Activity
- A - Thursday, Feb 25 Read aloud: Mae Above the Stars Activity: Mae Jemison Directed Drawing
- M - Friday, Feb 26 Read aloud: Ten Black Dots Activity: 10 Dot Picture
Our STEAM committee has created a STEAM materials bag for every student to complete the activity on Wednesday.
- HVA parents are welcome to pick up their child's bag any time 8:00 am -4:00 pm on Monday - Wednesday but we do ask that you only pick up one bag for each child. We only have enough supplies for one bag per child. We will place the STEAM material bags out front for easy access. And, our HVA students may have all of the materials at home and if so, you do not have to pick on up from the school, it is your preference.
Traditional parents - We plan to send home the STEAM material bags with our traditional students on Wednesday.
All of the other materials your child will need to complete the other activities should be materials you already have at home.
Take pictures of your family completing the activity to share with your teacher! Have fun!