Principal's Message (June 26)
Hello Bulls students, families, and staff,
There is a lot of work being done within HCMS to clean and prepare for school to begin on August 17, 2020! Besides preparing our school, we are also working closely with our district team to continue developing three learning plans so that we can be responsive to how COVID 19 is, or may be, impacting our community this Fall.
- The Traditional School Plan: This plan assumes COVID 19 is not impacting our community and all students and staff will return to school five days a week. This is the type of school structure that we are all used to from years past.
- The Hy-Flex School Plan: This plan assumes COVID 19 is impacting our community moderately so students will participate in a combination of e-learning and in-school classes within HCMS. This plan enables us to maintain social distancing requirements on our campus.
- The Virtual School Plan: This plan assumes COVID 19 is impacting our community on a broad scale and all students will learn from home through e-learning. This is the type of format that we ended last year with.
In closing, take heart in the knowledge that our district staff is working closely with us to ensure we are prepared to educate our students in as safe and healthy of an environment as possible next year. We know these are challenging times, and we are all ready to meet the challenges ahead by working together!
- REGISTER NOW! The Huntsville Virtual Academy (HVA) is a virtual schooling option is for students that want to learn remotely this Fall. HVA offers courses in mathematics, science, language arts, world languages, social studies, as well as electives. Registration is ongoing through July 29, 2020. You can access information and enrollment on our district website at Huntsville Virtual Academy
- PE UNIFORM UPDATE: Cancel PE uniform orders for the 2020-2021 year. If you have already ordered a PE uniform, ShortStop will issue you an electronic reimbursement. We appreciate ShortStop working with us to ensure that you are reimbursed. You may contact them at: (256) 551-0849. If at some point during the school year we are given guidance for students to dress out for P.E. boys will wear black shorts with a gray t-shirt, girls will wear black (or red) shorts with a yellow t-shirt.
- SUMMER COMPUTER REPAIR FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS: Tuesday Mornings from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Mastin Lake Road Facility 3221 Mastin Lake Road Huntsville, Al. 335810 Upon arrival, press the exterior intercom button and ask for assistance.
- SCHOOL CALENDAR can be found at https://www.huntsvillecityschools.org/sites/default/files/2020-21%20School%20Year%20Calendar%20v4.pdf