Principal's Message (Nov. 2)
- Drop Off & Pick Up – if you are dropping off an HCES (Elementary) student, your middle school student may unload at HCES and walk on the sidewalk around to the middle school. Then you can use the left lane to bypass middle school drop off!
- Veterans Day: If your child has a parent/grandparent/someone special that has served in the military, we would like to recognize them this Veterans Day. Please send a picture and the name, rank, and branch to Mrs. Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday November 3rd. The pictures and information will be used in a Veterans Day video that will be presented to students on Tuesday November 10th.
- The HVA enrollment window for the second semester opened on October 26 – Nov 18, 2020. Any student that wants to attend, even if they were HVA for the first semester, must register within the window. If you would like to unenroll as an HVA student, simply do not enroll for the second semester and your child will automatically be switched to a traditional student.
- Impact Aid Forms: You received these forms on October 27. These forms translate into federal funding for our school and district. Please take a few minutes to complete the form. To return the form you can return to Advisory teacher or drop in the box in the office. A link will also be available to complete the form online. The deadline to return the form is November 13. Survey Forms will be accepted until November 13th.
- Do you want to help our students & teachers? We need substitute teachers! Not only will you get to see your child periodically throughout the day in the school setting, but you will also meet the other students, staff, and faculty. As if that is not enough… substitute teacher pay has been raised to $140.00 per day! We could really use your help!
November begins next week! With the first grading period behind us, our students are a fourth of the year “older” and are growing up. We are looking forward to seeing our students grow and advocate for themselves. The staff at HCMS intends to foster the sense of personal responsibility in our students that you have already been instilling. With that said, teachers will begin deducting late points on missing work. Please encourage your child to check Schoology daily and iNow twice a week for his/her official grade.
On another note, having more of our students back in the building means more opportunities for students to interact with one another socially. Please help us encourage them to build friendships with people that lift them up and enjoy them for who they are. Each one of our HCMS students have so much to offer!
Hampton Cove Middle School