Principal's Message (November 21)
- Thanksgiving Holiday November 21 - 25, 2022
- Soccer Interest Meeting on November 28 at 5:00 pm in room 153 with Coach Redpath.
- The Application Window is open for HCMS' National Junior Honor Society; please see Ms. Sebghati with any questions. Applications are due December 16, 2022.
- Color Wars are back for 2022-2023! They will be the first Friday we are in school each month! Grade Levels will compete to show the most grade level spirit by wearing any shirt in their grade level color. 8th grade = black, 7th grade = gray, 6th grade = red. The winning Grade level will have a celebration the following Tuesday during homeroom. Projected Color Wars Dates: Dec. 2, Jan. 6, Feb. 3, Mar. 3, Apr. 14, May 5
- We want to remind everyone of Huntsville City Schools’ guidelines for spectators of athletic events. Spectators will need to purchase tickets through GoFan as has been done in the past. Huntsville City Schools will implement an athletic event clear bag/backpack procedure. That procedure is as follows: To be permitted, bags will be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and not exceed 12"x6"x12". Small bags do not need to be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC only if they do not exceed 4.5"x6.5". For full details, please visit the HCS Athletics page .Please note spectators may be subject to metal detector searches upon entering venues.
- Year Books! Order your yearbook and 8th grade student add pages now! Go to Walsworth Yearbooks, search by our school, order your yearbook and a student add page for our current 8th graders now! $65 until 2-1-23; $70 until 3-2-23; $75 until the ordering time frame is closed.
- We need your help! We have special education and general education aide positions that we need filled. Please consider joing our team and supporting our HCMS students and communty. Email Ms. Smith if you are interested in the positions.
- Crossing Guard Update: HCMS and HCES will not have a crossing guard present before or after school at Audobon and Keenlan due to staffing shortages. The only students that should be using the cross walks or walking from the neighborhood are students that live in the neighborhood. If your child is using the cross walk please consider wlking with them and meeting them after school - this will enhance their safety. Please note that this intersection is not an approved drop off or pick up location for car riders - please use the car pick up line, the park and walk lot, or the buses. Thanks for helping us keep our students safe, especilly now that there is not a crossing gurad there, and ensuring we are good neighbors to those that live in the neighborhood.
As we move into the Thanksgiving Holiday together I find myself overcome with gratitude. In every way possible, I am blessed to be a part of HCMS. Our staff and teachers work tirelessly to provided engaging, thoughtful, rigorous learning experiences for all our children. They spend countless hours caring for and acting on behalf of each student in their classes. The staff supporting our teachers and students look after every detail to make sure HCMS the cleanest, safest, kindest, most well-resourced school in HCS. The cook nutritious meals and tend to every scrap and cut. Their actions create the climate that allows teachers to teach and students to learn. Our families provide continuous, strong support to our school through our PTA, Community Partnerships, and through individual actions. HCMS is a wonderful school, and I cannot be more thankful.