Principal's Message (November 9)
- The HVA enrollment window for the second semester opened on October 26 – Nov 18, 2020. Any student that wants to attend, even if they were HVA for the first semester, must register within the window. If you would like to unenroll as an HVA student, simply do not enroll for the second semester and your child will automatically be switched to a traditional student.
- Impact Aid Forms: These forms translate into federal funding for our school and district. Please take a few minutes to complete the form. The deadline to return the form is November 13. Survey Forms will be accepted until November 13th.
- Do you want to help our students & teachers? We need substitute teachers! Not only will you get to see your child periodically throughout the day in the school setting, but you will also meet the other students, staff, and faculty. As if that is not enough… substitute teacher pay has been raised to $140.00 per day! We could really use your help!
- Picture Make-Up Day December 15, 2020
I have been reflecting on the transition we have made to having most of our students back in the building five days a week. Things are going very well overall and I am so grateful to our students, families, and staff for the success we have experienced. As we move forward and seek ways to improve please help us in a few areas:
- Pull your car all the way forward so we can fit more cars in line for drop off and pick up.
- Follow the directions of the staff on duty.
- Make sure your child has everything packed and is ready to exit the vehicle.
- Middle school students may get out with siblings at HCES and walk to HCMS. (HCES students may not get out at HCMS and walk back to the elementary.)
- Students may not walk to or from the Greenway or Park and Walk Lot without a parent.
Inside our building we are making a few changes I would like to share with you. Breakfast will now be served in the cafeteria each morning between 7:30 -8:00 a.m. Lunch will still be eaten in the classroom. Both meals are free! In the mornings, 6th grade students that arrive between 7:30 -7:45 a.m. will wait in the AV room and 7th & 8th grade students will wait in the gym. At 7:45 students will proceed to their advisory classes. We continue to follow our safety protocols and try our best to maximize social distancing. It is astounding to look back at the flexibility all our students, families, and staff have shown over the past few months. By working together, we can continue to find ways to support our students and keep them the healthiest and safest environment we can.
Hampton Cove Middle School