Principal's Message (October 10)
- Color Wars are back for 2022-2023! They will be the first Friday we are in school each month! Grade Levels will compete to show the most grade level spirit by wearing any shirt in their grade level color. 8th grade = black, 7th grade = gray, 6th grade = red. The winning Grade level will have a celebration the following Tuesday during homeroom. Projected Color Wars Dates: Oct. 14, Nov. 4, Dec. 2, Jan. 6, Feb. 3, Mar. 3, Apr. 14, May 5
- With the start of the Fall Athletic Season, we wanted to remind everyone of Huntsville City Schools’ guidelines for spectators of athletic events. Spectators will need to purchase tickets through GoFan as has been done in the past. Huntsville City Schools will implement an athletic event clear bag/backpack procedure. That procedure is as follows: To be permitted, bags will be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and not exceed 12"x6"x12". Small bags do not need to be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC only if they do not exceed 4.5"x6.5". For full details, please visit the HCS Athletics page .Please note spectators may be subject to metal detector searches upon entering venues.
- Fall Break October 3-7
- Please reach out to our Club Sponsors and Athletic Coaches with any specific questions. This information can be found on our website under the Get Involved tab.
- Year Books! Order your yearbook and 8th grade student add pages now! Go to Walsworth Yearbooks, search by our school, order your yearbook and a student add page for our current 8th graders now! $60 until 11-1-22; $65 until 2-1-23; $70 until 3-2-23; $75 until the ordering time frame is closed.
- HCMS is not participating in Halloween costumes or dressing up on Monday October 31, 2022. Thanks for helping us ensure our students are in dress code and ready to learn!
- The HCMS Band will be performing their annual Halloween Concert on Thursday, October 27 at 6:00 p.m. in the HCMS Gym. Admission is free to the public! Come enjoy performances by our HCMS Jazz and Symphonic Bands decked out in their costumes to celebrate the season!
- Car Line - Please help us be good neighbors by using the bus, car line, or park and walk lot near the greenway for school drop off and pick up. Parking in the neighborhoods that surrounds our school is not friendly or respectful. Thanks for taking a few extra minutes to use the approved drop off and pick up procedures! We are all in this together!
- Mark your calendars to join us on Novmber 9 at 5:00 in the HCMS gym for our Veterans Day Program. If your child has a parent/grandparent/someone special who has served in the military, the school would like to recognize them this Veterans Day. Please send a picture and the name, rank, and branch of service to Mrs. Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday November 1st. The pictures and information will be used in a Veterans Day video that will be presented on November 11 at 5:00 in the HCMS gym.
- November 11, 2022 No School in Observation of Veterans Day
We can't wait to start the second 9-week grading period of the school year together! Please look for your child's report card to come home on October 14th! The start of the second quarter and middle school itself can be a challenging time to get children to open up and communicate. Rather than asking your child how his/her day was, try asking something different such as
- Tell me about something that made you laugh out loud today.
- Which teacher had the best lesson today? Why was it the best?
- If you had to pick one student that you are not already friends with to have in every single class period with you, who would it be? Why?
Thanks for all your do to support HCMS. I am looking forward to a great holiday season with you; Fall is such a special time.