Principal's Message (October 26)
- Veterans Day: If your child has a parent/grandparent/someone special that has served in the military, we would like to recognize them this Veterans Day. Please send a picture and the name, rank, and branch to Mrs. Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday November 3rd. The pictures and information will be used in a Veterans Day video that will be presented to students on Tuesday November 10th.
- Impact Aid Forms: You will receive these forms on October 27. These forms translate into federal funding for our school and district. Please take a few minutes to complete the form. To return the form you can return to Advisory teacher or drop in the box in the office. A link will also be available to complete the form online. The deadline to return the form is November 13. Survey Forms will be accepted until November 13th.
- Do you want to help our students & teachers? We need substitute teachers! Not only will you get to see your child periodically throughout the day in the school setting, but you will also meet the other students, staff, and faculty. As if that is not enough… substitute teacher pay has been raised to $140.00 per day! We could really use your help!
- Report Cards will be sent home October 30, 2020
- The start of the 2nd9-week grading period October 26, 2020
- Red Ribbon Week October 20-30!
- Monday: Wear Red/Black/Gold "Rally in Red- be drug free“
- Tuesday: "Be a STAR. Don't do drugs.“ Celebrity Look Alike Day
- Wednesday: "Drugs are soooo out of style“ Decade Day (60s, 70s, 80, 90s)
- Thursday: "Friends don't let friends do drugs!!" Dynamic Duo Day
- Friday: "Be crazy about being drug free!!" Crazy Hair Day $1 Donation in Advisory
Welcome to the second 9-week grading period! As we move forward, I want to ensure you are aware of two changes. First, please be aware that this quarter our teachers will deduct late points (5 points per day) for work that is not completed on time. It is important for our students develop personal responsibility for the work that is due. That said, our teachers are ready to assist our students in class and during office hours (before and after school)! The second change to be aware of is that students in the building will have different due dates for work then HVA students. HVA students will continue with Sunday due dates while Traditional students will have assignments due in class and throughout the week.
Speaking of HVA students, the enrollment window for HVA for the second semester opens on October 26 – Nov 18, 2020. Any student that wants to attend, even if they were HVA for the first semester, must register within the window. If you would like to unenroll as an HVA student, simply do not enroll for the second semester and your child will automatically be switched to a traditional student.
I cannot thank you enough for your continued support. I count my blessings daily; Hampton Cove is an incredible place to be.
Hampton Cove Middle School