Principal's Message (September 14)
We are so excited to continue to “see” our HVA students through Zoom and to start “seeing” our traditional students in the building! This week will bring changes and challenges we can manage together. I commend you, our parents, and the HCMS staff for handling the past two months with professionalism and courtesy. Please continue to reach out to your child’s teachers with questions. They are all eager to help and support our students.
A few ways you can help:
- HVA students and Cohort students at home join live instruction daily
Check your child's grades in iNow
- Double check for a mask before you leave for school
- Have your child charge his Chromebooks at night & leave the charger at home
- Do not drop your child off before 7:30 a.m.
- If your child walks, do not have them arrive before 7:30 a.m.
- Be patient in the car line – smile –
Our Daily School Schedule: We will not run a rotating bell schedule during cohort instruction.
|Advisory||8:00 - 8: 10|
|1st hour||8:14 - 9:03|
|2nd hour||9:07 - 9:56|
|Break||9:56 - 10:05|
|3rd hour||10:09 - 10:58|
|4th hour||11:02 - 11:51|
|5th hour||11:55 - 1:17|
11:55 - 12:24
class from 12:28 - 1:17)
12:47 - 1:17
(class from 11:55 - 12:44)
|6th hour||1:21 - 2:08|
|7th hour||2:12 - 3:00|
Our Arrival Procedures: During arrival and dismissal we will maximize social distancing and stagger entry and egress. The school will not be open for student arrival prior to 7:30 a.m. unless the student is a bus rider.
- Bus Riders will enter the building through the 6th grade doors and go directly to the AV room until 7:30 a.m. Students will go directly to their advisory class at 7:30 a.m.
- Walkers will enter the building through the back doors adjacent to the cafeteria at 7:30 a.m. and go directly to advisory.
- Car Riders will enter the building through the front gym doors at 7:30 a.m. and go directly to advisory.
Our Dismissal Procedures: During arrival and dismissal we will maximize social distancing and stagger entry and egress.
Walkers will exit the building through the back doors adjacent to the cafeteria at 3:00 p.m. Students are encouraged to walk directly home.
- Bus Riders will remain in their 7th period classroom until their bus is called. Students will walk to the 6th grade doors to board their bus. Students that ride the late bus will move to the AV Room at 3:30 p.m. to wait for their bus.
- Car Riders will exit the building through the gym doors beginning at 3:00p.m. Students will be called by last name from their 7th period class. Students will be encouraged to go directly to their car.