Principal's Message (September 26)
- Color Wars are back for 2022-2023! They will be the first Friday we are in school each month! Grade Levels will compete to show the most grade level spirit by wearing any shirt in their grade level color. 8th grade = black, 7th grade = gray, 6th grade = red. The winning Grade level will have a celebration the following Tuesday during homeroom. Projected Color Wars Dates: Oct. 14, Nov. 4, Dec. 2, Jan. 6, Feb. 3, Mar. 3, Apr. 14, May 5
- With the start of the Fall Athletic Season, we wanted to remind everyone of Huntsville City Schools’ guidelines for spectators of athletic events. Spectators will need to purchase tickets through GoFan as has been done in the past. Huntsville City Schools will implement an athletic event clear bag/backpack procedure. That procedure is as follows: To be permitted, bags will be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and not exceed 12"x6"x12". Small bags do not need to be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC only if they do not exceed 4.5"x6.5". For full details, please visit the HCS Athletics page .Please note spectators may be subject to metal detector searches upon entering venues.
- Sept. 28 is HCMS Downs Syndrome Awareness Day - wear blue and/or yellow to show your support!
- Join us for an iReady Information Meeting on September 29 in the AV room at 12:00 or 4:00! Our iReady Coordinator will present information on the benefits this new tool has to offer our students and teachers.
- eLearning Day September 30
- September 30th Breakfast and Lunch will be served. Students are welcome to come to the serving times for lunch at 11:00am – 12:00pm One meal per child will be served, meals must be consumed in the cafeteria
- Fall Break October 3-7
- Please reach out to our Club Sponsors and Athletic Coaches with any specific questions. This information can be found on our website under the Get Involved tab.
- Year Books! Order your yearbook and 8th grade student add pages now! Go to Walsworth Yearbooks, search by our school, order your yearbook and a student add page for our current 8th graders now! $60 until 11-1-22; $65 until 2-1-23; $70 until 3-2-23; $75 until the ordering time frame is closed.
- Congratulations to the HCMS 2022-2023 Girls Fall Basketball Team: Hailey Bellomy; Kamryn Rivers; Caroline Stapler; Asia Robinson; Penelope Alejo; Analeigh Coy; Belle Kelly;Sophia Edwards; Sophia Heaton; Elena Sampson; Colleen South; Delaney Smith; Bridynn Dotson
- Congratulations to the HCMS 2022-2023 7th Grade Boys Fall Basketball Team: Will Brown; Jackson Burch; Garrison Carney; Cole Dufour; Luke Gruber; Tate Horton; Connor Mellott; Fisher Moore; Whiddon Pearson; Caleb Pollastro; Blake Randall; Jeffery Rich; Charlie Smith; Mason Whelchel; Grayson Whitt
- Congratulations to the HCMS 2022-2023 8th Grade Boys Fall Basketball Team: Quenton Barclay; Will Carter; Michael Chobey; Nicholas Dalessio; Cinco Dawkins; Myles Dillinger; David Harrison; Kelson Hill; Myles Russell; Owen Skonieczny; Baylor Strange; Aslan Taylor; Evan Toms; Nash Weaver; Jadon Williams
- Car Line - Please help us be good neighbors by using the bus, car line, or park and walk lot near the greenway for school drop off and pick up. Parking in the neighborhoods that surrounds our school is not friendly or respectful. Thanks for taking a few extra minutes to use the approved drop off and pick up procedures! We are all in this together!
We have made it to the last week of the grading period together and just like that one quarter of our school year is behind us! Please review your child's grades with them and encourage them to reach out to their teachers on Monday if they have any questions at all so they have time to adjust and complete work if necessary. We have a busy week with field trips and an e-learning day all prior to Fall Break - thank you in advance for reminding your child we have work to do and important content to move through this week!