This Week at HCMS (Aug 18)
Thank you for supporting our school at the annual Running of the Bulls! It was great to see our community pull together for our students, families and school. Fleet Feet and our PTA did an unbelievaBULL job of making this event happen again this year!
Our arrival and dismissal continued to run smoothly this week. We appreciate you taking extra steps to ensure safety and efficiency. A few final reminders and I think we will have it running the best we can!
- Elementary students cannot be dropped off on the middle school side. Middle school students can be dropped off in the elementary carline and walk outside to the middle school entrance.
- If you see a parent in park and walk that may not be aware of the new procedure, please let them know so that we can continue to have this area as an option for arrival/dismissal. (Students must be escorted by an adult-they cannot be dropped off in the morning or meet their ride in the afternoon.)
- No traffic should be moving through the back of the school…This is a bus lane only.
- Students that are walking to neighborhoods behind the school, should exit the building by the band room to leave campus.
- PLEASE PULL FORWARD in carline…this helps to load/unload as many students as we can at one time.
A Charged Meal school board policy was recently approved. Please make sure your child has lunch money or money in their account because there is a $15 limit lunch charges. If you need information on reduce lunch or fee lunch, please let me know. Forms will be available at PTA Open House on August 29 or you can email me for more information sooner.
Current Costs: Breakfast $1.50 Lunch $2.65
This week at HCMS:
- STAR Math Fall Pre-Assessment
- STAR Reading Fall Pre-Assessment
- STEM Club Parent Meeting 5:30pm
- National Junior Honor Society Ice Cream Social after school
- HCS Inclusive Schools Forum
- Football Jamboree Game 10:00am
- STEM Club Parent Meeting 11:15am
I’m looking forward to another great week of leading and learning!