This Week at HCMS (Sept 23)
Many of you are familiar with Federal Impact Aid. However, I wanted to further inform you about the purpose and importance of Federal Impact Aid.
Federal Impact Aid is a Federal education program that is designed to reimburse school districts who have nontaxable Federal property. For school districts to receive this type of revenue, Impact Aid forms are distributed to every student in a school district. Receipt of Federal monies are based on the following criteria:
If a student’s
- Parent(s)/ Guardian(s) reside on Federal properties
- Parent(s)/ Guardian(s) is on active duty in the uniformed services
- Parent(s)/ Guardian(s) is a civilian employed on one of Federal properties
Federal Impact Aid forms/Blue Cards were distributed September 19. The window for students to return the forms will run through September 27, 2019. We appreciate your support in completing and returning these forms to school.
In advisory this week, we are excited to begin our new Second Step curriculum. Each grade level will have a different focus each week. Be sure to ask your child about what was discussed during Advisory.
Thank you for all you do to support our school and community. I’m looking forward to another great week of leading and learning!
This Week at HCMS…
- All City Choir Auditions after school
- Girls and Boys Basketball Tryouts-Boys 3-5/Girls 5-7
- Volleyball vs Guntersville Middle
- Life Touch Picture Proofs will come home
- Girls Basketball Tryouts 5-7
- Volleyball vs McNair and Mt Gap
- Football vs Williams
- HCS Magnet Presentation in the AV Room at 5:30
- HHS Homecoming Parade 6:00